AJ's prospects for the NFL?

runatl

Suspended
Dec 5, 2011
I've never said that Peyton was not a very good QB, not even close.

Give Tom Brady Peyton's supporting casts and he'd probably have 5 SBs, give Peyton Brady's supporting casts and he'd probably never even make it TO the SB.

Peyton just doesn't step up in those big moments like I think great QBs should.
Do you actually believe that? Give Peyton Manning Vince Wilfork, Randy Moss, Asante Samuel, Donte Stallworth, and Wes Welker, I'm sure he would've won that Super Bowl.

And why aren't you calling Tom Brady a choker? I mean, both of those SBs he lost, he should've won. And was winning until the team choked. Why doesn't he get any blame while Peyton does for his teams' losses.

The Colts were 3-13 in 1997, enter Peyton in 1998 and they were once again 3-13, They drafted Edgarin James in 1999, with Peyton, James and Marvin Harrison, they turned things around. New GM Jim Polian brought in tons of talent, it was not a solo job brought about just by adding Peyton.

As for his college career, yeah he piled up some gaudy stats, but he was pretty lacking in the championship category...............just like in his NFL career.

I'm sure he's very popular in Fantasy Leagues though.
You sound like Skip Bayless. "LeBron James is not a top 25 player of all time because he hasn't won a championship; He doesn't have the 'clutch gene'".
How good were the Colts that a few years ago when Peyton got hurt? I imagine they'd be a 6-10 team in 1999 without Peyton.

Ever wonder how Peyton would have done had he went to an NFL cellar dweller? He sure didn't set the world on fire in college with a very talented vile team.
He did go to a cellar dweller. The team was nothing before him. And, yea, he did set the world on fire on that Tennessee team.

runatl

Suspended
Dec 5, 2011
In a few years, we can say that Andrew Luck wasn't the reason the Colts got so good. It was Trent.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.