What if Manziel were to win the Heisman again, wonder if he would be

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I think TAMU will have to win out, and JFF can't have anymore antics, OR,
some of the Heisman voters will be so turned off by his persona that they don't vote for him.
JFF is that good but...
The odds are against a repeat. Would you want him representing you?

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
If you are not going to give it to Johnny, then what good is the award? Barring the emergence of some phenom that we haven't seen yet, and assuming that Johnny plays at the level he did in the Bama game, he should win the award again, hands down.

In all of his actions before, during and after the Bama game he would have made me proud if I was an Aggie. He was respectful, thoughtful and knowledgable in all of his interviews. His performance on the field was spectacular. He was disappointed that they lost but was complimentary of our players and our program.

I don't get the knock against this kid other than he's a little wild and maybe a little self absorbed. He's a kid for goodness sake. So he's not Tim Tebow, and some people think you have to be squeaky clean to deserve the Heisman. I'll let you in on a little secret. There are very few Tebow's on college rosters, ours included.
This ^ - unless you're willing to consider renaming the Heisman the Johnny Football Trophy after what he's done on the field the last 12 1/2 months.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If you are not going to give it to Johnny, then what good is the award? Barring the emergence of some phenom that we haven't seen yet, and assuming that Johnny plays at the level he did in the Bama game, he should win the award again, hands down.
A little early to be handing it out already, innit?

I don't get the knock against this kid other than he's a little wild and maybe a little self absorbed. He's a kid for goodness sake.
Oh, how weary I am of hearing a 20 year old MAN referred to as a 'kid' as an excuse for his petulant behavior. He's a spoiled brat, and he's a fully grown man, please quit acting as if he's some toddler whose bad behavior can be attributed to his youth. Sure, his parents failed him, but at some point he has to start acting like the adult he is...

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
I don't care if he wins or not, I just hope we never have to face him again. I really thought with the greatest defensive minds in the game and that much time spent preparing for him that we could contain him and I WANTED another shot at him after last year. Now, heck no. He is amazing and I hope I never see my tide shredded on D like that again. Props to everyone on both those teams for never quitting.

Crimson-Blitz

All-American
Jul 19, 2001
Hsv, AL, U.S.A.
A little early to be handing it out already, innit?

Good point. He could get injured; thrown off the team; etc. It IS too early.

Oh, how weary I am of hearing a 20 year old MAN referred to as a 'kid' as an excuse for his petulant behavior. He's a spoiled brat, and he's a fully grown man, please quit acting as if he's some toddler whose bad behavior can be attributed to his youth. Sure, his parents failed him, but at some point he has to start acting like the adult he is...
i thought that his behavior and his actions leading up to, during, and after the Bama game were exemplary. He displayed nothing but class. He was sorely disappointed that they lost to Alabama, but gave us our props. He also showed leadership by pointing out that Bama won the NC after their loss to A&M last year, that he and his teammates have a lot to play for, and that they need to suck it up and move forward.

I think his actions and his attitude since the Manning camp incident indicate that he is growing up. And no, reaching 20 years does not make you a man. It's a process, as Saban would say, that takes some men much longer to complete.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I doubt that Manziel wants to be in college. He strikes me as a mini Rob Gronkowski, and all he wants to do is play and party. I think he is gone after this year, Heisman or not.

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX
That is totally subjective.
Not really, the Heisman isn't about a teams success. It's about individual accomplishments. RG3 won it with 3 losses. Here is a direct quote from the Heisman Trust...http://www.heisman.com/trust/mission_statement.php

"The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work. The Heisman Trophy Trust ensures the continuation and integrity of this award. The Trust, furthermore, has a charitable mission to support amateur athletics and to provide greater opportunities to the youth of our country. Our goal through these charitable endeavors is for the Heisman Trophy to symbolize the fostering of a sense of community responsibility and service to our youth, especially those disadvantaged or afflicted. All assets of the Trust beyond the expense of maintaining the annual presentation of the Heisman Memorial Trophy are reserved for such charitable causes. The Trustees, who all serve pro bono, are guided by a devotion to college football and are committed to community service and the valued tradition which the Trophy represents."

Will he win it? He might, but I'd kind of doubt it. I don't think the Heisman voters think he represented it well and they might take into account the amateur part of their "Mission Statement" because of the autographs.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not really,.
His statement was subjective - meaning that it was influenced by personal feelings. Every Heisman vote is based on subjective reasoning. No matter their mission statement, their voting methodology produces subjective results. Every voter has his own criteria.

Aggie Scott

Scout Team
May 1, 2012
He seems to love playing football, but he does not want anything to do with college. He doesn't even attend classes - takes them on-line. I think he would already be gone if he had the option.
Don't believe this is true. He did take classes online for awhile because he was such a distraction in class. I don't believe that's true anymore. I've actually heard he is a good student and ahead of schedule to graduate. Dont believe everything you hear in the media.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Not really, the Heisman isn't about a teams success. It's about individual accomplishments. RG3 won it with 3 losses. Here is a direct quote from the Heisman Trust...http://www.heisman.com/trust/mission_statement.php

"The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work. The Heisman Trophy Trust ensures the continuation and integrity of this award. The Trust, furthermore, has a charitable mission to support amateur athletics and to provide greater opportunities to the youth of our country. Our goal through these charitable endeavors is for the Heisman Trophy to symbolize the fostering of a sense of community responsibility and service to our youth, especially those disadvantaged or afflicted. All assets of the Trust beyond the expense of maintaining the annual presentation of the Heisman Memorial Trophy are reserved for such charitable causes. The Trustees, who all serve pro bono, are guided by a devotion to college football and are committed to community service and the valued tradition which the Trophy represents."

Will he win it? He might, but I'd kind of doubt it. I don't think the Heisman voters think he represented it well and they might take into account the amateur part of their "Mission Statement" because of the autographs.
I agree with that last statement. However, if he continues to play against everybody (Ole Miss, LSU, et al) like he did against Bama and keeps focused, positive in any statements he makes to the media, doesn't do the money signs and the autograph signs and doesn't have to go to any detention halls (Sumlin's Dog house), and shows his grades (all A's at aTm) to the media, you never know. Also, he can't be caught like Coach Pellini saying something (?!@#%$&**?!) that someone records and puts out before the voting for Heisman.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.