What if Manziel were to win the Heisman again, wonder if he would be

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
tempted to come back and go for the hat trick? His ego might make him seriously consider it

It's not like he's under any financial hardship what with his family having money and him having his lucrative autograph business going for him.

Thoughts.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I think IF he wins the Heisman again he is gone. The hat trick maybe tempting but I think the money, the allure of the NFL and the party life will be more important.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
He's fun to watch on the field. His off the field behavior puts me off. I can like one thing and not the other at the same time.

Reading this board after his big day Saturday, I got the feeling some people who had previously expressed frustration with him are now ready to buy his autograph because he played a good game.

JTH

1st Team
Sep 23, 2006
Woodstock GA
I don't think he will win another one simply because he has represented it so poorly. I also think his actions may prevent another freshman from winning it for a very long time.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
I have listened carefully to a couple of previous heisman winners discuss the possibility of a repeat heisman for JM. Dont quote me on the exact players but i think it was Tim Brown and Geno T. They said they would never vote for someone who had already won the heisman and said they new many past winners and other voters with the same belief. They said the award was too big and meant too much to give it to the same person twice. Once a heisman always a heisman as their point and they would vote for a new winner. If this is true and the case as they made it sound there is zero chance JM will win it again no matter what kind of numbers he puts up.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011
His personal life tells me that he won't want to be BMOC when he can be doing whatever he wants without having to halfheartedly pretend to be a student-athlete.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He seems to love playing football, but he does not want anything to do with college. He doesn't even attend classes - takes them on-line. I think he would already be gone if he had the option.

Crimson-Blitz

All-American
Jul 19, 2001
Hsv, AL, U.S.A.
If you are not going to give it to Johnny, then what good is the award? Barring the emergence of some phenom that we haven't seen yet, and assuming that Johnny plays at the level he did in the Bama game, he should win the award again, hands down.

In all of his actions before, during and after the Bama game he would have made me proud if I was an Aggie. He was respectful, thoughtful and knowledgable in all of his interviews. His performance on the field was spectacular. He was disappointed that they lost but was complimentary of our players and our program.

I don't get the knock against this kid other than he's a little wild and maybe a little self absorbed. He's a kid for goodness sake. So he's not Tim Tebow, and some people think you have to be squeaky clean to deserve the Heisman. I'll let you in on a little secret. There are very few Tebow's on college rosters, ours included.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If you are not going to give it to Johnny, then what good is the award? Barring the emergence of some phenom that we haven't seen yet, and assuming that Johnny plays at the level he did in the Bama game, he should win the award again, hands down.

In all of his actions before, during and after the Bama game he would have made me proud if I was an Aggie. He was respectful, thoughtful and knowledgable in all of his interviews. His performance on the field was spectacular. He was disappointed that they lost but was complimentary of our players and our program.

I don't get the knock against this kid other than he's a little wild and maybe a little self absorbed. He's a kid for goodness sake. So he's not Tim Tebow, and some people think you have to be squeaky clean to deserve the Heisman. I'll let you in on a little secret. There are very few Tebow's on college rosters, ours included.
Winning Championships should be a factor -- dontcha think? And I'm not talking about winning the Cotton Bowl.....

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Winning Championships should be a factor -- dontcha think? And I'm not talking about winning the Cotton Bowl.....
But its not a team award. Success on the field should be onsidered, but the best player doesnt necessarily have to be on the best team. If the best player is clearly better than the others, that should be the deciding factor.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
But its not a team award. Success on the field should be onsidered, but the best player doesnt necessarily have to be on the best team. If the best player is clearly better than the others, that should be the deciding factor.
I generally agree, but if Alabama is in the BCSCG this year, he has to win it. No QB has ever done that before. He will have done it with three very different teams. He may not be the most talented QB in the country this year, but he may very well turn out to be the most successful QB in the history of the game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I totally disagree. IMO, the Heisman should go to the player who, through his individual effort, elevates a team to their best effort. to me, Archie Manning is the prototypical heisman winner.
That is totally subjective.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I generally agree, but if Alabama is in the BCSCG this year, he has to win it. No QB has ever done that before. He will have done it with three very different teams. He may not be the most talented QB in the country this year, but he may very well turn out to be the most successful QB in the history of the game.
I agree wholeheartedly; AJ would make history, which will be a major factor to the voters.
My comment was towards the blanket statement that playing for a championship should have more weight than individual performance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.