JUCO RB Jovon Robinson Commits to Auburn (Page 4)

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: Jovon Robinson Leads NJCAA in Rushing

I am not at all concern at this time regarding if Bama leads for Robinson or not. Recruiting as we know is a marathon not a sprint especially at this early stage. Barring a major set back or any injuries, Yeldon and Drake are gone after 2014. That leaves us with Henry, Tenpenny, Jones and possibly Scarborough and we will have Flowers in 2015. If Bama wants Robinson bad enough he will become a priority or If he thinks he is confident enough with his skills he will enroll at Bama to compete with a talented backfield. Either way, we are fine. After the last recruiting cycle, I have stop worrying if a HS kid will make or break a class. I enjoyed recruiting news as much as the next guy, but it's become a circus and frankly verbal commitments are pretty much meaningless to me as it is for most of today's generation.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

So would he transfer in December and participate in spring practices? Will he play JUCO this upcoming season and have two years of eligibility when he transfers? Maybe 3 to play 2?

IGetBuckets

Suspended
Jan 13, 2014

Commits to Auburn.

@AndrewJBone

Huge commitment for #Auburn this morning with the addition of five-star RB Jovon Robinson. Also considered Alabama and FSU.

Were his HS grades not changed by someone with auburn ties, after he signed with auburn?

Cannot believe they were not banned from re-recruiting him based on that.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Was skeptical all along that he said he had interest in Bama.

He would have just been maybe 3rd in line behind 2 other 5 star running backs.

He probably did the right thing for instant playing time.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Were his HS grades not changed by someone with auburn ties, after he signed with auburn?

Cannot believe they were not banned from re-recruiting him based on that.
I don't recall the counselor ever officially taking the blame for changing the grades because of her ties to Auburn.

Was skeptical all along that he said he had interest in Bama.

He would have just been maybe 3rd in line behind 2 other 5 star running backs.

He probably did the right thing for instant playing time.
He's still taking an OV to Bama in June. He's also going to USC. He would play if he signed with Alabama.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Malzahn and staff look to be positioning Auburn to pass LSU as our most formidable rival in the West.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
Just thinking the same thing. Been awhile since LSU has had an elite running back, or WR really, or QB lol
With Fournette at LSU this year and Robinson at Auburn next year the West will be filled with great talent for several years. How does Robinson's running style compare or contrast to Flowers from our recruiting class? Are we looking to take two RB's even though Robinson appears to be headed to Auburn?

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

I don't recall the counselor ever officially taking the blame for changing the grades because of her ties to Auburn.

He's still taking an OV to Bama in June. He's also going to USC. He would play if he signed with Alabama.
There were actually 3 at the high school involved. A teacher that went on an "unofficial visit" to Auburn with him, a PE teacher that was "an avid Auburn fan" and the coun$elor that made the grade change$. The coun$elor chose to resign without ever revealing what prompted her to make the change$ that made him academically eligible. Probably out of the goodne$$ of her heart. Gue$$ we will never know.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
With Fournette at LSU this year and Robinson at Auburn next year the West will be filled with great talent for several years. How does Robinson's running style compare or contrast to Flowers from our recruiting class? Are we looking to take two RB's even though Robinson appears to be headed to Auburn?
You are right about great RB's at other schools but this is not out of the ordinary. All of the upper tier teams have elite RB's every year. I think with us only taking 1 RB in the last class (Bo and not sure if he qualifies) and with TJ almost certainly going pro and Kenyan maybe going pro we will take another RB in this class.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

He's still taking an OV to Bama in June. He's also going to USC. He would play if he signed with Alabama.[/QUOTE]

So....there's still a chance!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Commits to Auburn.

@AndrewJBone

Huge commitment for #Auburn this morning with the addition of five-star RB Jovon Robinson. Also considered Alabama and FSU.
With that offense they run and with what Mason did last year, nobody should be surprised. From an offensive perspective, they`re flat hot (and will be until somebody figures out how to stop them and not just outscore them).

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Yup..I hate to give the "Booger Eaters" any type credit, but, they're tearing it up on the offensive recruiting trail..I hate that they actually got Jovon..Cause I was hoping we had room for him, he's a helluva good RB & will be a terror in the "Gus Bus" offensive style of play..Crap..
With that offense they run and with what Mason did last year, nobody should be surprised. From an offensive perspective, they`re flat hot (and will be until somebody figures out how to stop them and not just outscore them).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.