JUCO RB Jovon Robinson Commits to Auburn (Page 4)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Re: Jovon Robinson Leads NJCAA in Rushing

I don't recall the counselor ever officially taking the blame for changing the grades because of her ties to Auburn.

He's still taking an OV to Bama in June. He's also going to USC. He would play if he signed with Alabama.
Pat Dye told her to deny everything........and that is exactly what she did. Pat Dye has perfected system.

He would not be first or second string with Yeldon, Drake and Henry on the same team.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Yup..I hate to give the "Booger Eaters" any type credit, but, they're tearing it up on the offensive recruiting trail..I hate that they actually got Jovon..Cause I was hoping we had room for him, he's a helluva good RB & will be a terror in the "Gus Bus" offensive style of play..Crap..
Me too. REALLY hate to say it, but if they can find a few kids that can play D, I`m not at all sure that anybody, including us, can touch them, at least this year. I do believe this, though. If CNS and CKS can`t figure out a way to consistently slow/stop that offense, I`m at a loss as to who can.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Me too. REALLY hate to say it, but if they can find a few kids that can play D, I`m not at all sure that anybody, including us, can touch them, at least this year. I do believe this, though. If CNS and CKS can`t figure out a way to consistently slow/stop that offense, I`m at a loss as to who can.
LSU and Florida State did pretty well..

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

If he is as good as they say, we will only need to worry about him for 1 year. He will be one and done.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

If he is as good as they say, we will only need to worry about him for 1 year. He will be one and done.
True!

Most of their Mercenaries are there for only one year......:rolleye2:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

to be fair, he would be one and done, anywhere he went....

thought two months ago, he was ours, but something changed..... might've been on our end, too

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

to be fair, he would be one and done, anywhere he went....

thought two months ago, he was ours, but something changed..... might've been on our end, too
Pat Dye's bunch can be quite per$ua$ive...........:cool:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Drew DeArmond of Alabama Intel just tweeted that Jovon has been in constant contact with the coaching staff even after his commitment to Auburn.

Saw another guy tweet he would be the annual flip from Auburn to Bama. It was Cary Clark, though.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Drew DeArmond of Alabama Intel just tweeted that Jovon has been in constant contact with the coaching staff even after his commitment to Auburn.

Saw another guy tweet he would be the annual flip from Auburn to Bama. It was Cary Clark, though.
It's possibe on some level, I'm sure, and FWIW I think RTO has it right above, in that he'll be a one-and-done kid who goes straight to the NFL after 2015.

Auburn is a pretty compelling spot, then, because of their opportunity for early playing time, but then again we might be in the same boat, too. If Yeldon and Drake leave after the season, as expected, and with Scarbrough not qualifying, it may be late this December that we could have a much quicker path to playing time for an incoming tailback than we did, say, this past June.

I wouldn't bet on it, mind you, but crazier things have certainly happened.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Another TJ, Reuben and Cyrus would be awesome.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Another TJ, Reuben and Cyrus would be awesome.
In terms of flips, it wouldn't really be anything more impressive than what we did with Yeldon, and it certainly couldn't even come close to what happened with Evans...

Again, I wouldn't bet on it, but it's not exactly the craziest of ideas. There have been ongoing discussions between our staff and Robinson, so we'll see.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Here's some explanation from AlabamaIntel. Link

Have been getting some texts this week asking about Jovon being interested in UA again this week so I circled around with a source this morning.
Its way too early for anyone to get excited, but I can confirm that the two sides are talking regularly.

Robinson is in the process of re-evaluating his recruitment. Burton Burns has taken over his recruitment from Kirby Smart and that is a good thing.. Burns has opened Jovon’s eyes to the fact that both Yeldon and Drake will be going pro in Jan and it will be he and Henry in 2015 (Altee Tenpenny and Tyren Jones both have Drake- like off the field issues)

I am being told Robinson wants to make a final decision prior to the start of his JC season in Sept. If a flip takes place, it might be in the next few weeks.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Robinson just told auburn undercover that he is " solid " to auburn and doesn't know where all these rumors of him flipping to Alabama are coming from.
Lol!! Someone is lying here....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.