Black Alabama Jersey on Rolltide.com

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
"I don't really feel like it's my place to change the image and tradition of what people expect when Alabama runs out the tunnel," Saban said Thursday on his weekly radio show. "Everybody expects to see Alabama a certain way. It's a tradition that a lot of guys played here, a lot of coaches coached here.

"All that stuff, and I'm going to change that? So Nike can sell more shirts? I don't really care about that."

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/09/black_jerseys_at_alabama_nick.html

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Coach Saban understands what our "Tradition" truly mean to Bama Football & isn't the type HC that would rock the boat when it comes to the situation, had Coach Price stayed on as our HC, I have no doubts we'd tried alternate Uni's like he did at Washington St, he's the type personality, that would wanna change of Tradition & start his own at Bama..Thank God for "Destiny"..LOL

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
While I wouldn't want the team to wear this (and it looks like they won't), the shirt in and of itself isn't bad. I wouldn't buy one due to the price and because I'm not wild about the color black.

FWIW, about half of my Bama shirts have grey as a primary color.

Loved coach's "To heck with Nike" comment. Not many coaches would have the guts to say that. He may go to Texas, but he'll never get the Oregon gig.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
While I wouldn't want the team to wear this (and it looks like they won't), the shirt in and of itself isn't bad. I wouldn't buy one due to the price and because I'm not wild about the color black.

FWIW, about half of my Bama shirts have grey as a primary color.

Loved coach's "To heck with Nike" comment. Not many coaches would have the guts to say that. He may go to Texas, but he'll never get the Oregon gig.
He isnt going to Texas. I dont think he'd want to deal with the arrogance of the school administration, or the longhorn network, or the big12 conference...

Coach Saban has a pretty solid thing going right now at Alabama, he has the opportunity to do things no one has ever done... I just dont see him givng it away for what Texas can offer. Money won't be an object, because you'd see us handing over a blank check if necessary....

uafootball92

1st Team
Sep 21, 2005
St. Charles, Missouri
Am I missing something? This is the caption on the link first posted, "The Crimson Tide are built for hard-hitting, fast-paced gridiron action, and we know that's exactly why you love them. Promote your Alabama gear to a level that'll proudly flaunt your team's skills and your own team dedication with this special-edition Nike Limited jersey. It features strategic mesh ventilation, embroidered graphics and a tackle twill player number. Congratulations, you just upped your status to Ultimate Alabama Fan!"

No black out game mentioned?

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
Post 82 of this thread is someone quoting the university saying they were working on changing the wording. Originally it mentioned us wearing them for a game.

Am I missing something? This is the caption on the link first posted, "The Crimson Tide are built for hard-hitting, fast-paced gridiron action, and we know that's exactly why you love them. Promote your Alabama gear to a level that'll proudly flaunt your team's skills and your own team dedication with this special-edition Nike Limited jersey. It features strategic mesh ventilation, embroidered graphics and a tackle twill player number. Congratulations, you just upped your status to Ultimate Alabama Fan!"

No black out game mentioned?

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
Its a tradition thing.

Our uniform is one of the sports icons, and I for one dont want to see it change, at all. I dont want us to even remotely be associated with the oregon ducks annual fashion show, who have to have a warehouse to store all thier different uniforms.
Both teams have unique but different marketing approaches. Alabama sells tradition. Oregon sells cutting edge. Some recruits prefer the former, some the latter. If Oregon can snag a few extra recruits who think it's cool to wear different uniforms and helmets every week, then it's just another marketing tool to sell the team on a national scale.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Both teams have unique but different marketing approaches. Alabama sells tradition. Oregon sells cutting edge. Some recruits prefer the former, some the latter. If Oregon can snag a few extra recruits who think it's cool to wear different uniforms and helmets every week, then it's just another marketing tool to sell the team on a national scale.
I think the Chip Kelly experiment in the NFL will be short lived. They already have figured out how to stop it. You will recruit 2-3 star kids looking to pile up stats....and in College it works. But the won't pile up huge amounts of draft picks. High end Recruits look past weird Uni's and Arena Football......

Don't think Bama sells tradition. They sell NFL and Championships. When we tried to sell Tradition, it failed. That's why teams like Michigan, Nebraska, Teaxa, Oklahoma, and up until last year Notre Dame have struggled...

You have to sell Now. Not sure if dressing up like an Arena team helps you with elite talent on a consistent basis.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
I think the Chip Kelly experiment in the NFL will be short lived. They already have figured out how to stop it. You will recruit 2-3 star kids looking to pile up stats....and in College it works. But the won't pile up huge amounts of draft picks. High end Recruits look past weird Uni's and Arena Football......
Have to give it time to work. Replacing Vick with Matt Barkley would help speed it along. Looks like the Eagle's have poor defense, not necessarily poor offense.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Have to give it time to work. Replacing Vick with Matt Barkley would help speed it along. Looks like the Eagle's have poor defense, not necessarily poor offense.
Vick seems like the perfect QB for his offense, but he is a turnover machine. I would love to see what he can do with someone like Manziel.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't see Barkley as a good fit. Kelly should hope to be able to draft Bridgewater, Boyd, Marriota or Manziel in May. Let them - even Marriota - sit a year behind Vick and they'll be good to go.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.