ObamaCare Plans Come on the Market October 1st. Get Ready

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

NATIONAL SECURITY ALERT

Another extremist wingnut is trying to access the site!

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
If this disaster of a start was rolled out from a public company I doubt they ever recover. I know I would lose my job if a system I developed and implemented did not meet expected demand, and embarrassed my client to this level. It is not just the web based systems that are not meeting the interest. I suspect that a vast majority is just curiosity, but one has to plan for that as well. I expected this to be a disaster, inefficient and expensive, but the start is far worse than I expected. It just isn't that hard these days to develop and implement a system that scales up and determine expected load. I expect there will eventually be some trying to blame this on some right wing denial of service attack.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
If this disaster of a start was rolled out from a public company I doubt they ever recover. I know I would lose my job if a system I developed and implemented did not meet expected demand, and embarrassed my client to this level. It is not just the web based systems that are not meeting the interest. I suspect that a vast majority is just curiosity, but one has to plan for that as well. I expected this to be a disaster, inefficient and expensive, but the start is far worse than I expected. It just isn't that hard these days to develop and implement a system that scales up and determine expected load. I expect there will eventually be some trying to blame this on some right wing denial of service attack.
You know the glitches in the Obamacare sites could be caused by a right wing denial of service attacks.!!!!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
yeah, but you can't discount the looky-loos...like rubberneckers at a car wreck. Yes, the car is in the trees, yes, the po-po and paramedics/firemen have it under control...nothing for you to see here...and don't complain about the traffic.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
haven't visited the exchanges yet, but i did peruse Kaiser's site (that's who we currently have) and we will be able to get a gold level plan for about $400 less per month (no subsidy) than we are paying right now. in the next few weeks i will give the exchanges a whirl to see what else is out there, but for now, because of our daughter, we want to stay with the same group of doctors.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
haven't visited the exchanges yet, but i did peruse Kaiser's site (that's who we currently have) and we will be able to get a gold level plan for about $400 less per month (no subsidy) than we are paying right now. in the next few weeks i will give the exchanges a whirl to see what else is out there, but for now, because of our daughter, we want to stay with the same group of doctors.
Ignoring the difference in price and your current choice of doctors, the Gold plan is equal or better with respect to coverage and out-of-pocket costs (e.g. deductibles, coinsurance, etc.)?

Another way to ask: Have you confirmed that the actuarial value of the Gold plan is at least equivalent to your current plan?

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
That's great. I finally got into the BCBS Alabama site www.ibcbsal.com-to price their plans. Best I can figure my cost will double for a plan not quite as good:confused:. These are not through the exchange/market place however. I did get a letter in the mail from BCBS saying that this month they will mail me a plan and prices most similar to the one I have now.

I'm depressed right now. But I'll keep ya'll posted. Still getting the wait message on healthcare.gov

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Ignoring the difference in price and your current choice of doctors, the Gold plan is equal or better with respect to coverage and out-of-pocket costs (e.g. deductibles, coinsurance, etc.)?

Another way to ask...have you confirmed that the actuarial value of the Gold plan is at least equivalent to your current plan?
its roughly the same plan i have now. no deductible, co-pay is $5 less. out of pocket max is roughly the same. i think hospital stays are a touch more.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Best I can figure my cost will double for a plan not quite as good:confused:.
I'm depressed right now.
I'm shocked.....shocked I tells ya!

After all, it's the Affordable Care Act! With apologies to Dick Cheney shooting a man in the face. :)

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Mrs. Cuda's daughter is spitting nails. The plan she has, for herself and 2 daughters, was just cancelled. With no replacement being offered.

So, she looks into BoehnerCare...............

Premiums are at least $100/mo. more. And that depends on what level she picks. And the deductible.................lowest one is >$12k. The plan she was on had a $5k deductible.

I'm glad some of y'all are actually seeing "lower premiums", but over here.............in Texas............plans are being cancelled, left and right. Small bidnis owners, who have catastrophic-only plans, are loosing all of those. And the replacements............if they offer one (which in a lot of cases they are not)............both much higher premiums and deductibles.

In my case.......and this is just an estimate, as that is all that I could get work......................$7500 premium..............deductible, maybe $6300.

Some bargain, eh!

Now.........since I am poor and sick..........in theory, I can qualify for catastrophic-only coverage. Except there are no estimates available, and, of course, no promise I can qualify.

Now................here is where it gets even stranger! (If that is even possible.)

If I was single, and claimed my meager earnings, I am not eligible for a gubbament subsidy (like I would take one), since Texas did not expand MediScare.

But...................

If I say I am married (technically I am), and would therefore have to claim Mrs. Cuda's salary, as part of "household income", Uncle Sugar will give me around $2500 of Obamamoney, to pay the premium.

How in the world does that make any sense? (Obviously, it doesn't.)

Welcome to the Brave New World. Seig heil.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.