ObamaCare Plans Come on the Market October 1st. Get Ready

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Hmmm...

California Exchange Overstated Its Web Traffic

California's health insurance exchange vastly overstated the number of online hits it received Tuesday during the rollout of Obamacare.

State officials said the Covered California website got 645,000 hits during the first day of enrollment, far fewer than the 5 million it reported Tuesday.

The state exchange had cited the 5 million figure as a sign of strong consumer interest and a major reason people had so much difficulty using its $313-million online enrollment system.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
More interesting information:

As Obamacare Launches, People in All Age Groups Report Problems

"For young adults, Holt said of one recent survey, "if they saw 30 percent increase in their insurance premiums - these are the ones that already had coverage - 45 percent of them said they would drop coverage."

Only two states in the country, New Jersey and Massachusetts, showed rate increases for that age group lower than 30 percent.
That raises the prospect of young people deciding the plan makes no sense for them.

That possibility could be critical, because the administration is counting on signing up enough young, healthy people to offset the cost for the older and less healthy.

If that doesn’t happen, the costs of ObamaCare could soar.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
OK, the story gets better! Unless you really believe what the gubbament sez. (Surprise to no one...........I don't!)

So, my premium has dropped, from around $7.5k the other day, to around $2.5k, today. Same site..........just cleared the data, and re-entered it. The $6.3k max out-of-pocket stays the same.

I wonder what it will say tomorrow! And who will believe it................

Oh, still can't get the log-in page to load!

Maybe next week it will tell me *U is the BCS champion. Who knows what it will say. But, stay tuned.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
cuda, that's good news. I'll wait a week or so before I try again. I always get the wait message. Please keep us posted on your progress or lack thereof and I will do the same.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Progress? Do I have to post everything in blue font?

Reconnaissance............infiltration............diverisonary tactics, etc. (IOW, the stuff the Army tried to teach me.)

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Wow, that's somewhat ironic coming from the founder of McAfee! :biggrin:

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2
Especially since he was deported back to the states from Guatemala after fleeing Belize under suspicion of murder and illegal manufacture of drugs. Not the best non-endorsement.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Yeah, what idiot did think up this system..............

OK, since I have insomnia, and a warped sense of humor, I was playing around with the "subsidy calculator".

If I live in Texas, don't smoke, and only make $11k/year (which is possible), here are the numbers:

Annual premium: $2557.
Tax credit: $0.
Max out-of-pocket: $6350.

Since Bronze coverage is more than 8% of household income, eligible for "catastrophic" insurance. Same max OOP, but no mention of premium. (Is it less? You would think it would be, but who knows.)

But, let's say I have a really good year, and make $12k. Things really change.

Premium drops to $240/year. Because I would (possibly) get a tax credit of $2317!

And the max OOP..............it drops to $2250!

Still mentions catastrophic, with same max OOP. But, only if I am under 30.

But, if I get off my butt (or am not so sick), and make $20k..........

Premium rises to $1021, because tax credit drops to $1536. And max OOP is the same.

But, let's say I actually do some work, and make a whopping $23k..................

Premium is $1450, and tax credit drops to $1107. OK, that sounds ok, but here is the catch...........

Max OOP rises to $5200! And it rises to the mythical $6350 when you hit $29k.

So, I ask again............

Who is the idiot who thought up this system?

Only an idiot would come up with a system where someone making less than $12k/year would have the same max OOP as someone who makes more than $29k/yr. How does that make any sense at all? It doesn't.

Stay tuned.....................tomorrow it may spit out different numbers.

Last edited:

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
From the Charlotte Observer
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...nce-premium-increases-shock.html#.UlGruxC-N6J

"Across North Carolina, thousands of people have been shocked in recent weeks to find out their health insurance plans will be canceled at the end of the year – and premiums for comparable coverage could increase sharply.

One of them is George Schwab of Charlotte, who pays $228 a month for his family’s $10,000 deductible plan from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.
In a Sept. 23 letter, Blue Cross notified him that his current plan doesn’t meet benefit requirements outlined in the Affordable Care Act and suggested a comparable plan for $1,208 a month – $980 more than he now pays.
“I’m 62 and retired,” Schwab said. “This creates a tremendous financial burden for our family.
“The President told the American people numerous times that… ‘If you like your coverage, you can keep it,’” Schwab said. “How can we keep it if it has been eliminated? How can we keep it if the premium has been increased 430 percent in one year?”
Schwab and others who purchase insurance individually, and not through employer-sponsored group plans, are finding that the Affordable Care Act may be unaffordable for their families."

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
From the Charlotte Observer
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...nce-premium-increases-shock.html#.UlGruxC-N6J

"Across North Carolina, thousands of people have been shocked in recent weeks to find out their health insurance plans will be canceled at the end of the year – and premiums for comparable coverage could increase sharply.

One of them is George Schwab of Charlotte, who pays $228 a month for his family’s $10,000 deductible plan from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.
In a Sept. 23 letter, Blue Cross notified him that his current plan doesn’t meet benefit requirements outlined in the Affordable Care Act and suggested a comparable plan for $1,208 a month – $980 more than he now pays.
“I’m 62 and retired,” Schwab said. “This creates a tremendous financial burden for our family.
“The President told the American people numerous times that… ‘If you like your coverage, you can keep it,’” Schwab said. “How can we keep it if it has been eliminated? How can we keep it if the premium has been increased 430 percent in one year?”
Schwab and others who purchase insurance individually, and not through employer-sponsored group plans, are finding that the Affordable Care Act may be unaffordable for their families."
They are just now being shocked? Who didn't see this coming?

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I check the Alabama marketplace at www.healthcare.gov about 3 times a day. Still a wait for the log in page to appear. I haven't tried waiting.

I wonder if VJ will let me live on his giant fuel guzzling,green house gas emitting giant boat? Please!

I did explore the website and found out that I can get in person help at the:

AIDS Action Coalition (AAC)

No way I'm going there and sit in a chair. Must be an Obama conspiracy to spread HIV.:eek:

Last edited:

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
I check the Alabama marketplace at www.healthcare.gov about 3 times a day. Still a wait for the log in page to appear. I haven't tried waiting.

I wonder if VJ will let me live on his giant fuel guzzling,green house gas emitting giant boat? Please!

I did explore the website and found out that I can get in person help at the:

AIDS Action Coalition (AAC)

No way I'm going there and sit in a chair. Must be and Obama conspiracy to spread HIV.:eek:
delete

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Anyone that thinks Obamacare is a good thing is an idiot IMO. Just received notice from BCBS of AL that our monthly premium will be going from $417 to $867. Affordable healthcare my you-know-what. I'm so glad I didn't vote for this idiot of a president.

I'm so mad right now that I better stop typing before I get banned or type something that will send the secret service to my house. Obama's last day in office can't come soon enough.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.