ObamaCare Plans Come on the Market October 1st. Get Ready

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
My Leader has asked me to help inform the public.

http://www.elabs7.com/functions/mes...321&mlid=138488&siteid=1001272&uid=66fc99b064

On October 1, 2013, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama will launch a wide range of new health plans that meet the standards of the Affordable Care Act. These products will be available to purchase on our website,www.ibcbsal.com, for a January 1, 2014 effective date. Our online shopping tool will guide you through a series of questions to lead you to the best plan to fit your needs. It’s that simple.

https://www.healthcare.gov/marketpl...tm_campaign=hcgov_15days&utm_content=09_17_13

set up an marketplace account.

Brought to you as a public service by Obamanoids United. You're welcome!
Starting October 1, 2013, you can come here to fill out an application and see your plan choices. In the meantime, we can help you get ready.

Starting October 1, 2013, you can come here to fill out an application and see your plan choices. In the meantime, we can help you get ready.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
It will be interesting to see the demographics of those who purchase through the exchanges. Companies pushing pre-65 retirees out to the exchanges and the lower socioeconomic levels of many currently without health insurance don't bode well for exchange premiums.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Man, the unemployment rate is about spike. :(
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/09/11/2607221/employers-obamacare-wont-stop-hiring/

Another Obamacare Myth exploded.

Employers Actually Plan To Hire More Full-Time Workers As Obamacare Rolls Out

The poll, conducted by Duke University/CFO Magazine, surveyed CFOs at 530 U.S. companies.
More than 9 out of 10 businesses subject to the law already offer health coverage, while companies with fewer than 50 employees are exempt (About 60 percent of these smaller firms offer health insurance, and under the ACA they also may qualify for a tax credit for offering coverage.) Of the 28 million small businesses in the U.S., 96 percent won't be subject to the rules, according to the U.S. Small Business Administration.

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/09/11/2607221/employers-obamacare-wont-stop-hiring/

The poll, conducted by Duke University/CFO Magazine, surveyed CFOs at 530 U.S. companies.
More than 9 out of 10 businesses subject to the law already offer health coverage, while companies with fewer than 50 employees are exempt (About 60 percent of these smaller firms offer health insurance, and under the ACA they also may qualify for a tax credit for offering coverage.) Of the 28 million small businesses in the U.S., 96 percent won't be subject to the rules, according to the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Think Progress, really?:rolleyes:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Double Fault!

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
they provide links to the actual study they are reporting on.

cfo survey press release

from the press release
I really don't care what they provide. Do you really think they would have reported this if the findings were different? I don't. Next, for the past two or more most hiring has been part time,so why would full time hiring suddenly pick up as Obamacare gets rolling? Explain that and maybe you'll have an arguement but I doubt you can.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I really don't care what they provide. Do you really think they would have reported this if the findings were different? I don't. Next, for the past two or more most hiring has been part time,so why would full time hiring suddenly pick up as Obamacare gets rolling? Explain that and maybe you'll have an arguement but I doubt you can.
i don't care anything about think progress or why they do what they do and i was not making any argument. i just provided a link to the data absent the think progress spin. i figured you would appreciate being able to see the original data so that you can analyze it for yourself. as for me, i generally take snap shot surveys with a huge grain of salt, especially when it involves what folks think will happen in the future.

as far as the exchanges go, i, for one, am happy as a clam that they are coming on line as i am currently buying insurance on the open market (our company only has 4 employees) at an astronomical rate. my rates are currently very high due in part to a "pre-existing" condition that was never a "condition" until i applied for insurance on the open market and partly due to having a two year old daughter who was born with a congenital heart defect and has already had two open heart surgeries in her first 15 months. now i will be able to purchase decent insurance at a much better rate.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Swoop the study was by Duke University for CFO Magazine which is hardly a liberal bastion.

My goal here is to help people who may be interested in the Health Care Exchanges become informed and stay informed.

I'm like 92tide and many others in that I buy my own insurance which until recently was astronomical for a crappy plan. My wife had an "alleged" pre-existing condition that made her virtually impossible to insure without vast exclusions. All based on an incorrect diagnosis by a doctor 25 years ago.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Swoop the study was by Duke University for CFO Magazine which is hardly a liberal bastion.

My goal here is to help people who may be interested in the Health Care Exchanges become informed and stay informed.

I'm like 92tide and many others in that I buy my own insurance which until recently was astronomical for a crappy plan. My wife had an "alleged" pre-existing condition that made her virtually impossible to insure without vast exclusions. All based on an incorrect diagnosis by a doctor 25 years ago.
i guess we are fellow moochers off of the government teat then ;)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Liberals fiddle while the country burns. Tell you with a straight face that more jobs are being created while the percentage of people on part time employment has never been hire and fewer people are in the work force than ever before.
too bad you couldn't get romney elected i guess.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
this chart is the creation of a republican house committee. i'm betting that this is nowhere near close to being what is really going to happen.

everything i have seen in my research shows my premiums (individual market) in Georgia going down anywhere from 30-50% (conservative estimate on my part) depending on the level of coverage. they show an increase of 61%-100%.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
this chart is the creation of a republican house committee. i'm betting that this is nowhere near close to being what is really going to happen.

everything i have seen in my research shows my premiums (individual market) in Georgia going down anywhere from 30-50% (conservative estimate on my part) depending on the level of coverage. they show an increase of 61%-100%.
I'm not sure if that chart includes businesses. But our company's insurance (LA based) hasn't gone up by 56%. It's gone up 23%. Which is still awful.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I'm not sure if that chart includes businesses. But our company's insurance (LA based) hasn't gone up by 56%. It's gone up 23%. Which is still awful.
i think the chart above is for individual premiums only. when i was on a company plan in my previous job (2005-2011) my rates went up every single year. in the job prior to that (98-2003), it was the same case.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.