Trent Richardson traded to the Colts

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but don't play fantasy football. Does a trade like this affect anything in FF? I assume you own the player and nothing with your team or the player's status on it changes.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
The Browns realize that, by the time they get ready to contend for anything, TR will be used up. They want a QB in a bad way. This draft, they'll take a QB in the 1st round, and they'll have two picks to do it with. They know they drafted TR way too high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This just shows how incredibly inept the Browns were. They did 0 besides drafting Trent to improve a horrible offense. They basically just treated it like ok Trent, we'll give you the ball and you'll magically make this offense not suck. Surprisingly, he actually did that. They had something like four rushing touchdowns the year before they got Trent. He massively improved on that, and furthermore their TDs didn't come at the expense of passing TDs. He increased their TD totals for the year dramatically.

But, they added no one to their offense in the off season! Not in the draft, not via free agency. They're just an inept cesspool that according to some people unloaded Trent because they didn't want to pay him. He'll be much, much better off with the Colts, where he has a real QB, and well, a real team.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
Anybody know why this happened? I'm extremely happy for Trent and the fact that he will have much more personal and team success. But were the Browns unhappy with Trent or did they think he wasn't performing well enough to be worth the 1st round pick? Very strange situation.
read this on Yahoo Fantasy Football

Per FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, the Browns felt Richardson "didn't fit Chud's (coach Rob Chudzinski's) offense," which doesn't make a lick of sense.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Per FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, the Browns felt Richardson "didn't fit Chud's (coach Rob Chudzinski's) offense," which doesn't make a lick of sense.
I agree with the last part. Trent is a very good runner, receiver and blocker. Exactly what could Chudzinski's offense need a back to do that isn't included in that skill set?

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I hope Johnny Football likes playing in Cleveland. :)
It might be Bridgewater they're looking at.

The new regime in Cleveland have essentially thrown away this season to start rebuilding again next year. They'll get one of the top couple of QB's coming out next year and now have the picks stock piled to go to the top spot if necessary/possible to get the QB they want. If I were a Brown's season ticket holder I'd be pretty PO'd right now but Trent's better off heading to Indy.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.