Coach Saban's Letter to the Fans and Students

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
That was sort of bland. I somehow expected him to chastise them to some degree because of their lack of support...
Me too but it seems he tried to compliment the good without much ado to challenge them to do better.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Definitely sounds like Saban wrote it, but it is too repetitive and not very likely to get anyone out to the game that did not already plan on attending.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
You figure possibly 25% of the student fans will be newbies.....Maybe he just wanted them to have a little pride and perspective instilled in them.
To me, watching a game is an "event" and actually attending one is a "BIG event". Hopefully the students will see it this way too and not just a way to kill time for the night.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I was invited but bailed because of the chance of heavy rain. Not because of who we are playing but the rain is keeping me away. If it doesn't rain, I will probably feel bad. I will attend a game this year, it might be one of our remaining OC games.

tambo410

1st Team
Nov 25, 2008
Fallston, MD
www.vrbo.com
I think the fact that he wrote the letter, even though it was complimentary of the students and fanbase in general, in and of itself makes the point. Three of the last four crystal trophies and the level of talent we put on the field, there should be no reason Coach should have felt compelled to write such a letter. Shame.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Let me help CNS out on this one.

Thank you to The Crimson White for asking me to send a message in writing to our students and fans. If the stadium is not packed this year, I'm going to Texas.

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
I think the fact that he wrote the letter, even though it was complimentary of the students and fanbase in general, in and of itself makes the point. Three of the last four crystal trophies and the level of talent we put on the field, there should be no reason Coach should have felt compelled to write such a letter. Shame.
To be fair, he did preface it by saying that The Crimson White asked him to send the message. Assuming that's true, I see it more as CNS doing what he can to generate a little interest in the CW by giving them an exclusive message aimed directly at the students. Sure, it's a little bland, but I don't think any coach would accept an invitation to write a letter to the student fan base in the student paper and then openly blast them.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
It may have been prepared for him, I didn't see any reference to "process" nor anything like "each person doing their best in order for us to obtain our goals". I didn't even see any reference to "in order for us to succeed, each person must be accountable for their actions in order for the team to achieve success". :biggrin2:

Just kidding Coach.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Man, if I'm a student I'd never miss a game!!! 20 years from now, we may stink, compared to now, and be struggling with 9-3 seasons, and then they'll appreciate what they had a chance to see every year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.