Link: Baylor's New On Campus Stadium

MightyWingman

1st Team
Jun 9, 2010
Houston, TX
FYI-It can be a great thing when a booster sells the Houston Astros!
Did Drayton pay for the entire stadium? I've seen the renderings and think that it will be the nicest stadium in the Big12, but TCU's isn't bad either. Smaller than SEC stadiums, but really nice. Much nicer than anything in Austin.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Did Drayton pay for the entire stadium? I've seen the renderings and think that it will be the nicest stadium in the Big12, but TCU's isn't bad either. Smaller than SEC stadiums, but really nice. Much nicer than anything in Austin.
I don't think he paid for it all, but it was a nice kick start.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
WOW..It's going to be a lot more fan friendly that's for sure..The wait time will be non existence as compared to Floyd Casey Stadium..That will be appreciated by their fans..And it looks like the majority of seats will be shaded from the hot Texas sun as well..Which will be greatly appreciated as well..

They play I Floyd Casey Stadium which is off campus and seats about 50,000.

Here's the comparison between the stadiums:

More than five times as many permanent concession stands and toilets. Almost double the club seats, 8,500 additional parking spaces, seven times more scoreboard square footage and two ribbon scoreboards. That's pretty sporty.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Typical Longhorn logic: Everything about our University, Athletics Program, and football team is great and everyone else can't compare.

AND IF ANY OF IT ISN'T GREAT WE CAN JUST THROW MONEY AROUND UNTIL IT IS FIXED!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
That's the first time I've seen pictures of their future stadium.

It looks nice and could be a great location (centrally located) for Texas State High School Playoff games.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
That's the first time I've seen pictures of their future stadium.

It looks nice and could be a great location (centrally located) for Texas State High School Playoff games.
Yup..That was actually the 1st time I had seen any renderings of their new stadium as well..It's going to look really really god once it's finished & I honestly didn't know that until this stadium is built, they didn't have an on-campus stadium, guess we do learn something knew everyday..LOL

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I thought that as well, but, that's what the web site I linked says..

Yup..You would think they would wanna compete stadium wise with Texas & Texas A&M of the college football world, instead of Texas Tech type school, I reckon "Bigger Isn't Always Better..I dunno
They're a small school, Building a 100K stadium would be excessive, as I dont think the4y could fill it....

smilinc

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 9, 2006
As a live long Tide Fan, I have been living in Waco since 1982. This thing is beautiful, and is going to be a real boon
to the Bears. Ian McCall, the AD has done a great job here improving all the facilities including a new indoor practice
facility, etc. He has also brought winning coaches to most of the sports...kinda like a what we did at Alabama...a 'mini'
Mal Moore.

Baylor will never be like the Tide, but they have made great strides, and it is fun to have another school to be a fan of!

To all my Tide Fan friends... greetings from Waco! (By the way...it is always hot here!)

100ProofBowtie

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 13, 2011
The previous poster up at the top of this page has it right. Baylor has serious trouble selling out 50k, so no need to expand. 45K is about right. Only time they top 50 is A&M, Texas or maybe TCU/Tech. Pretty tame fanbase, as would be expected for a private school. Think Vandy.

With that said, they did a good job on the architecture. A huge upgrade over the dump that is Floyd Casey. I hope for Baylor's sake, Texas doesn't decide to split on the Big 12ish and leave them hanging with no conference and a new stadium.

bogeypro

Scout Team
Oct 25, 2005
I think it looks really cool.

My son is 10 and has been saying for 2 years now that he wants to go to Baylor to be a doctor (eventhough he is a HUUGE bama fan....go figure). My wallet feels lighter already...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.