Link: Baylor's New On Campus Stadium

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
If you're going to have a stadium of that size, the design looks great to me. I really like the idea of the campus being on the other side of that bridge, I bet on gamedays it will be packed with excited Baylor fans walking to the stadium.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I didn't see that. I see that the club seating expanded. Trying to lure that big money in.

Sent from my iPhone
From the OP:

Looks pretty impressive that's for sure, I love how it's open on the river side, going to look really good once it's built..It will hold 45,000 & with future expansion to 55,000..While it will be small as compared to SEC stadiums, I like the design, despite it having a soccer stadium kinda feel about it..

KillVols

1st Team
Oct 23, 2004
I have lived in Waco for 30 years....first time this year I bought season tickets....cheap cheap... 360 bucks! Also gives me dibs on tickets to the new stadium next year. I also go to 2 or 3 Bama games a year....glad now I only have to travel 100 miles to see Bama in Texas every other year! Going to the Old Sis game---looking forward to it.

The new stadium is exciting... Baylor is a great school but traditionally do not fill the old stadium. When Softball and women's basketball has been your claim to fame each year its cool they are doing so well in football. Now with success they are selling a lot more tickets. Game tomorrow will be filled up. Also surprisingly Baylor is recruiting some really decent players! I hope they kill Texas and Oklahoma this year.

smilinc

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 9, 2006
Baylor is on the move! This is a class institution... yes you have to read and write to get in, even if you are a football player.
Recruiting is improving each year...and winning cures a lot of ills. My Daughter is a grad, and my Son's daughter is a student.
Floyd Casey is sold out for LMonroe tomorrow... as I said earlier, no body is going to be Bama, and Baylor doesn't really want to be.
Most every school... Aub, LSU have penis envy...they want to be Bama!!! I became a Tide fan in 1957, and couldn't be more proud to
have lived through what we have accomplished.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
We overbuild, i wish we had updated more.
It could have been a little nicer with more chair backs and the like but Bryant-Denny was under expanded with the east and west upper decks. If they had enough cash and foresight those additions would have been better if styled more like the north and south expansions but as Pat Dye always said hindsight is 50-50.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
It could have been a little nicer with more chair backs and the like but Bryant-Denny was under expanded with the east and west upper decks. If they had enough cash and foresight those additions would have been better if styled more like the north and south expansions but as Pat Dye always said hindsight is 50-50.
Wouldn't be shocked if they had already looked at the viability to re-build the east and west upper decks to match them with the north and south expansion. That could probably bring capacity to the 107k-110k range. The challenge would be could it be done during the off season?

tru2thaduce

All-SEC
Nov 25, 2005
Wichita,Kansas
I could be wrong but in the future I believe stadiums will be smaller with more amenity's like TV's at seats and such.The HD age is here and more and more people I talk to are building home theatre type things specifically for sports viewing from the comforts of home.Spending hundreds for a ticket in the upper deck for the big games just isn't worth it to some people.Smaller,nicer stadiums may become the trend and the 100k stadiums may soon become a dinosaur do sorts.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
Hopefully for Baylor this will actually get people in the seats for more than the first season it is open. When they beat #1 KSU last season there were tarps covering the endzone seating.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I could be wrong but in the future I believe stadiums will be smaller with more amenity's like TV's at seats and such.The HD age is here and more and more people I talk to are building home theatre type things specifically for sports viewing from the comforts of home.Spending hundreds for a ticket in the upper deck for the big games just isn't worth it to some people.Smaller,nicer stadiums may become the trend and the 100k stadiums may soon become a dinosaur do sorts.
Yup..It's very much true now days, college football fans have invested quite a bit, into home theaters in their homes that rival movie theaters..Which in the long run could very well keep fans home, and not at stadiums in person, plus, taking your family to games, runs into thousands of dollars to take the clan to home games now days..So I can see schools trending to smaller stadiums, that offer more fan friendly amenities to entice them to come..We shall see..

FTAG2008

Sep 13, 2013
Baylor just doesn't have great fan support, even when they are good. Maybe the new stadium will get some local folks out to watch them play and encourage some to drive in. The last two years they've had perhaps some of their best teams ever yet struggled to even give away tickets. For their game against KSU last year (the game that knocked KSU out of the title game and put Bama in) tickets were available for $2 or less. This year it seems to be better. Historically their biggest draws have been against Texas, Texas A&M, and OU...and typically the stadium is over half full of other team's fans. A&M almost always brought more fans to Waco than Baylor when they played.

And yes, the Brazos river is disgustingly dirty but the part that runs through Waco isn't all that bad. I think it will be very nice.

The Brazos River in Waco:

Last edited:

KillVols

1st Team
Oct 23, 2004
When we moved from Bama to Waco in 1982 I was 12. I can remember it being so strange my first weeks at school cause in any one class room you would have a kid wearing an A&M shirt- Texas- SMU- Baylor- TCU- TT- Houston- Oklahoma...etc Growing up in Bama the question was Bama or Barn--- (mostly Bama) So looking at Central Texas the fans here are divided among many teams. When you say Texas and A&M draw more fans to Baylor games.... There aint no draw to it- The fans all live here! Can you imagine if 25% of Tuscaloosa were Tenn fans and another 25% were Georgia etc.. Texas is simply saturated with College football teams... You don't see many empty seats at Lady Bears games- Winning solves lots of problems.

JohnS

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 7, 2013
180,000. That is the number of every Baylor student and alum since we were founded my the republic of Texas in 1845. Our stadium was too large when it was built in 1950, we have fixed that now. 50,000ish down to 45,000ish. You also mentioned locals. At has definitely changed you could hardly buy Baylor gear in local grocery stores etc before I graduated back in 2010. They now have Baylor zones that have dj's attracting people to buy Baylor tailgate gear. My jaw almost hit the ground. It's different and should be fun.

Baylor just doesn't have great fan support, even when they are good. Maybe the new stadium will get some local folks out to watch them play and encourage some to drive in. The last two years they've had perhaps some of their best teams ever yet struggled to even give away tickets. For their game against KSU last year (the game that knocked KSU out of the title game and put Bama in) tickets were available for $2 or less. This year it seems to be better. Historically their biggest draws have been against Texas, Texas A&M, and OU...and typically the stadium is over half full of other team's fans. A&M almost always brought more fans to Waco than Baylor when they played.

And yes, the Brazos river is disgustingly dirty but the part that runs through Waco isn't all that bad. I think it will be very nice.

The Brazos River in Waco:

BamaCenTx

Sep 11, 2012
Woodway, TX
Hi everyone. I have been reading this forum for many years, but this is my first post. I have been a Bama fan for at least 56 years; in fact, I clearly remember my father (also a Bama fan) telling me that Bear Bryant was coming back to Alabama to coach the Crimson Tide. I said, "Is that good?" and he replied "Well, he's won everywhere he's ever been." I graduated from the University twice, and taught on the faculty for two years. Nobody who knows me has any doubt that Alabama is number one with me. I also am a Baylor Bear fan. I am in my 23rd year on the Baylor faculty, and have been a member of the Bear Foundation the entire time. I enjoy insightful analysis by the fans of both schools (moreso Bama), and am sometimes disappointed by some of the false statements I read by fans of both schools. Some of those false statements pertain to Waco and our new stadium, which is going to be beautiful. Bama fans who are not familiar with this area may be interested to know that the Brazos River is anything but a creek in size. It is not the Mississippi, but it definitely is a river. Also, it is anything but ugly. On most days, Waco is sunny, and the Brazos is a beautiful blue color. Some of the pictures that have been posted were taken after heavy rains, when all rivers anywhere are brown until the silt settles. The stadium is in a terrific location, and will be the right size for our smaller--but growing--fan base. One final point: someone reading the posts above might get the impression that opposing fans outnumber Baylor fans at most games. This also is false. When the fans have been evenly split in the past, it usually was when the Bears played UT Austin or A&M, much larger schools with many fans who have a hard time getting tickets to their own home games. Even with these opponents, there is reason to believe the situation is changing, now that we do not routinely field one of the worst teams in America. RTR, friends.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.