Link: Baylor's New On Campus Stadium

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
180,000. That is the number of every Baylor student and alum since we were founded my the republic of Texas in 1845. Our stadium was too large when it was built in 1950, we have fixed that now. 50,000ish down to 45,000ish. You also mentioned locals. At has definitely changed you could hardly buy Baylor gear in local grocery stores etc before I graduated back in 2010. They now have Baylor zones that have dj's attracting people to buy Baylor tailgate gear. My jaw almost hit the ground. It's different and should be fun.
Proving Art Briles is a worthy risk as an investment.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Fun fact: Baylor's namesake and co-founder, Judge R.E.B. Baylor, practiced law in Alabama, was a member of the Alabama House of Representatives, and was a Congressman from Alabama's 2nd District before moving to Texas. Just in case you're ever on "Jeopardy".

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Fun fact: Baylor's namesake and co-founder, Judge R.E.B. Baylor, practiced law in Alabama, was a member of the Alabama House of Representatives, and was a Congressman from Alabama's 2nd District before moving to Texas. Just in case you're ever on "Jeopardy".
I'll just stick with the "Foods that start with the letter Q" category, thanks.

JohnS

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 7, 2013
He also baptized the "father of Texas", Sam Houston.

now you know.

CSA4Ever

Scout Team
Jun 6, 2010
I thought that as well, but, that's what the web site I linked says..

Yup..You would think they would wanna compete stadium wise with Texas & Texas A&M of the college football world, instead of Texas Tech type school, I reckon "Bigger Isn't Always Better..I dunno
The old Baylor stadium was quite a distance from campus and attendance was always a problem. About the only times it was full was when OU or Texas came to town and the visiting crowd was larger than the home folks. For Baylor, the 45,000 number sounds about right... at least for now.

Administration at Baylor committed resources to escape "cellar-dweller" status and make their CFB program competitive. I applaud them and wish them success.

Last edited:

smilinc

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 9, 2006
I too am a Tidefan (since 1957). Having lived in Waco for 32 years, and having kids that are Baylor grads...I am a Bear fan. Amazing that we have others in Waco who are Tidefans. Nothing will ever be like Alabama, and Baylor (unlike all the little sisters in the SEC) doesn't pretend to be. The Bears have a great AD, McCall, who has done the kind of thing that Mal did in Tuscaloosa. Bringing in world class coaches in every sport, and investing heavily in facilities, etc.

The future is very bright for all of Baylor athletics!

Those who have never been here, this is a great place to live. but IT IS SO GREAT TO BE FROM ALABAMA... and get to follow two great schools.

RAMMER JAMMER!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.