Link: Baylor's New On Campus Stadium

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Looks pretty impressive that's for sure, I love how it's open on the river side, going to look really good once it's built..It will hold 45,000 & with future expansion to 55,000..While it will be small as compared to SEC stadiums, I like the design, despite it having a soccer stadium kinda feel about it..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
having spent some time on the water...and in football stadiums...

won't that get a little windy?

Sure is beautiful though...definitely something the fans and families will love.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
having spent some time on the water...and in football stadiums...

won't that get a little windy?

Sure is beautiful though...definitely something the fans and families will love.
Didn't think about that actually, during the hottest part of summer, being next to water, won't it make it a more humid kinda hot???

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Looks pretty impressive that's for sure, I love how it's open on the river side, going to look really good once it's built..It will hold 45,000 & with future expansion to 55,000..While it will be small as compared to SEC stadiums, I like the design, despite it having a soccer stadium kinda feel about it..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME
I think it looks pretty great.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I like it...looks like it would hold more than the initial 45,000!
I thought that as well, but, that's what the web site I linked says..

Nice! And quaint. I thought they would build a bigger stadium but I realize it is a relatively small school.
Yup..You would think they would wanna compete stadium wise with Texas & Texas A&M of the college football world, instead of Texas Tech type school, I reckon "Bigger Isn't Always Better..I dunno

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
The idea was to build an on campus stadium, since the old stadium is a few miles away. Campus is actually across the foot bridge, with the open end of the stadium allowing a view of the buildings. It will be a bit of a walk from the heart of campus, but still a drastic improvement. Hopefully, these improvements and renewed emphasis on athletics will keep the Conference USA talk at bay.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
The idea was to build an on campus stadium, since the old stadium is a few miles away. Campus is actually across the foot bridge, with the open end of the stadium allowing a view of the buildings. It will be a bit of a walk from the heart of campus, but still a drastic improvement. Hopefully, these improvements and renewed emphasis on athletics will keep the Conference USA talk at bay.
What stadium do they play their home games at presently???

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
You make a valid point..I'm not sure what the stadium they play in now seats, but, there's always a bunch of empty seats when I watch any of their home games..
They play I Floyd Casey Stadium which is off campus and seats about 50,000.

Here's the comparison between the stadiums:

More than five times as many permanent concession stands and toilets. Almost double the club seats, 8,500 additional parking spaces, seven times more scoreboard square footage and two ribbon scoreboards. That's pretty sporty.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.