So, any TF members download new iOS 7?

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Could you post how to turn this off? I never use a passcode either, and I am going to update my phone tonight to get used to the system before my new phone arrives. Thanks!
Go to settings, general, passcode lock and turn it off. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Well here it is and we will both be dumber for it.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I don't care for the washed out appearance, but otherwise it's pretty cool. It'll take me a while to get used to the differences, but before long I won't even remember how the previous OS worked.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Just received a iPad Mini for my b'day. Trying to decide if I should do the upgrade and which apps I should get.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Except for myself, my entire family uses Apple products -- I've been a longtime Blackberry user. However, with the imminent demise of RIM and the release of the iPhone 5s, I decided today to order an iPhone 5 through work for $99. Placed the order a little bit ago and should receive my first iPhone in a few days along with my LifeProof case. Maybe I'll like iOS7 more if I use it more frequently than I do now.

Last edited:

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Well, I downloaded iOS 7 to my iPad and so far, i like it. Although, it is very different than other iOS operating systems. I am going to wait a few more days then update my iPhone 5.
RTR!!!! ^^$99 for iphone 5 is a steal!

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I downloaded it last night. Not sure I like the white background that seems like is on everything but it will grow on me. Very sleek I think.

RhodeIslandRed

All-SEC
Dec 9, 2005
Like everyone has noted, it has a more modern, metro feel. The color palate is a simple basic set. There is more animation from the home screen. The foreground has an "aero" transparent look. Odd, Apple tries to mimic Microsoft. One thing I've noted so far that I think people will like is the iTunes Radio found from the music app. Very easy to use, though I don't know what that will mean to Pandora. The only thing I can't find yet is how to turn off apps running in the background.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
The only thing I can't find yet is how to turn off apps running in the background.
You "double-press" the home button as usual. A series of screens will show up which you can scroll left or right through by sweeping your finger left or right over them. Any screen you wish to close, just sweep it straight up with your finger kinda like throwing it away.

RhodeIslandRed

All-SEC
Dec 9, 2005
You "double-press" the home button as usual. A series of screens will show up which you can scroll left or right through by sweeping your finger left or right over them. Any screen you wish to close, just sweep it straight up with your finger kinda like throwing it away.
Ha!! Great. Thanks.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I wish I could get my old calendar format back. Otherwise....all I see are some color scheme changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
AJ, what do you mean by old calendar format? You can view the entire month if you want. Just click the month in the left corner and it'll appear. You can also view the entire year.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
AJ, what do you mean by old calendar format? You can view the entire month if you want. Just click the month in the left corner and it'll appear. You can also view the entire year.
I don't like this timeline view:

I like the list view better. May not be an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.