Sharpton vs Rep Collins -- It's sure hard to argue with a Moron (Video) --

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
But Sharpton learns something about our Government.....

Sharpton is a fool......

Starting at around 7:30 it gets fun....

Sharpton - "So, this is not a Democracy?" - lol

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
Sharpton seems to think the person who talks the loudest wins the debate. Too bad he doesn't really know just how stupid he really is.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I doubt Al learned much of anything from that exchange.
Rep. Collins would have greater success explaining constitutional issues to a fence post.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
i think a vein in my skull just exploded. for the record, my bro uses her as his reference in any political argument. for the record, i have stopped talking to him
At least you didn't shoot him. Progress comes in small steps!:smile:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Collins says Prez and demo Senate are shutting the government down? The senate will strip the defund Obamacare part out and send the bill back to the House. Rollin's hypocrisy should be apparent to ya'll then.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/20...know-continuing-resolution-just-passed-house/

What You Need To Know About The Funding Extension That Just Passed The House

3. What comes next. The Senate is expected to file cloture on the House CR on Friday night, but will not vote until the end of next week. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) will likely strip the Obamacare defunding provisions from the bill and send the measure back to the House. The Senate will need 60 to get on the bill, 51 votes on the substitute and then 60 votes to move to a final vote. It is unclear if Boehner will bring the Senate version to the floor, though he will likely need Democratic support to ensure passage. Congress must pass a budget agreement by Sept. 30 or the federal government will shutdown on Oct.

Collins and the wingnuts are simply pandering to the folks back home.

2. Republicans didn’t actually defund Obamacare. Defunding Obamacare in the continuing resolution only targets the parts of the law that are subject to annual appropriations. The pillars of reform — Medicaid expansion, the subsidies used to buy insurance — are exempt from this process and are funded through so-called “mandatory” spending and have permanent funding authority. The Department of Health and Human Services, the agency tasked with implementing reform, also “has the ability to fund related provisions without seeking additional appropriations from Congress.” The Congressional Budget Office estimates that there is “at least $50 billion in specified and estimated authorizations of discretionary spending” that Republicans could presumably target.

swoop10

Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2001
Valdosta, GA
Collins says Prez and demo Senate are shutting the government down? The senate will strip the defund Obamacare part out and send the bill back to the House. Rollin's hypocrisy should be apparent to ya'll then.
I agree, Rollins is a hypocrite but I kind of like Collins. ;)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Here we have the "what's mine is mine and what's yours is negotiable" approach to negotiations.

If one party wants to spend money and the other doesn't, the onus is always on the party that doesn't want to spend, right? I mean, all money is, of right, the government's, except that portion the government generously allows the people to retain, right?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.