Stadium crowd yesterday/student seating

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
On TV, the crowd seemed incredibly quiet.
I guess Tide fans are like the team: sometimes they are FOCUSED and the INTENSITY level is HIGH and sometimes it is NOT.

I'll bet BOTH will be HIGH this coming weekend against Ole Miss.

Be there and Be Loud this Saturday when the Ole Miss "O" has the ball!

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL
My section NN in the East Upper Deck was full but a lot of people cut out at half time. In our section nobody stood up the whole game. It was one of the quietest crowds I have seen in the 9 years I have had my tickets.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
You think last night was bad, just wait until the Georgia State game. When you only play one marquee non conference game per yr this is going to happen.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
Not true. At all.
I agree. I thought the student section looked good at the beginning of the game considering who we played, the weather, and the fact that the game was on tv. It was just as full as the rest of the stadium. There were several sections with empty chair seats.

The block of empty seats toward the end of the 3rd quarter was disturbing. It was shocking to see a whole section of the student section gone all of a sudden.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Other threads include talk solely on Bama's attendance problems. However, it is not happening at just Alabama. This is happening everywhere.
It will continue to happen. You are not going to fill up 100,000 seat stadiums playing Colorado State, Tennessee-Chattanooga, or Louisiana-Monroe. Not in today's economic climate combined with the availability of high-def tv for these games. In fact, you are going to struggle to fill up the stadium against conference competition unless it's really big games. I believe these Universities have outpaced demand with these ever expanding stadiums. I hate to say that, but it's what appears to be true.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I, too, was surprised about how full it was. It was a lousy weather morning in T Town, against a no name opponent, lots and lots of tickets for sale below face outside the stadium, and the first of three consecutive home games, including a conference game and homecoming. I thought it would be pretty slack inside, but it wasn't.

I didn't think the crowd was very loud, but I agreed with what someone else said, it was like they were waiting for something to get excited about and it never really happened. Crowd wasn't any flatter than most of the team.

I, too, was surprised about how full it was. It was a lousy weather morning in T Town, against a no name opponent, lots and lots of tickets for sale below face outside the stadium, and the first of three consecutive home games, including a conference game and homecoming. I thought it would be pretty slack inside, but it wasn't.

I didn't think the crowd was very loud, but I agreed with what someone else said, it was like they were waiting for something to get excited about and it never really happened. Crowd wasn't any flatter than most of the team.
It wasn't loud. It was flat.

Sent from my iPhone

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I was there.

If it wasn't full, it sure looked it. You had a couple of spots that were iffy, but other than that...

Sent from my iPhone
The entire deck opposite me was missing loads of seats (the ones with the chairs). Ya'll hate on the students, but it is easy to see when students go missing because they are all together. There where tons of scalpers outside the stadium selling blocks of 5-10 tickets. No one was interested. I doubt they were getting even face value for them. Now is that indicative of entitled, selfish fans? Or the lack of a quality opponent and shifty weather? I lean toward the latter.

Student section early Q1

Upper was about as full. I am fairly certain that empty section in southwest corner was not students.
Ha, I can see myself. Sweet.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
The entire deck opposite me was missing loads of seats (the ones with the chairs). Ya'll hate on the students, but it is easy to see when students go missing because they are all together. There where tons of scalpers outside the stadium selling blocks of 5-10 tickets. No one was interested. I doubt they were getting even face value for them. Now is that indicative of entitled, selfish fans? Or the lack of a quality opponent and shifty weather? I lean toward the latter.

I don't have to pay you a royalty do I?

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I can (barely) remember as a student, when the game was a weaker opponent and especially if the team was not hitting on all cylinders, there were occasionally other pursuits that rose above the desire to watch the end of the game. Saturday night in T-Town, first home game, Tutwiler's 13 floors of nirvana right out the back gate ... free food at all the tailgates ... ICBs .... c'mon man ...

Last edited:

I was in the NE corner. Only thing that stood out was the student section in the SW corner.

Sent from my iPhone

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I was in the NE corner. Only thing that stood out was the student section in the SW corner.

Sent from my iPhone
How many times does the point have to be made that since students are concentrated, their missing numbers are more obvious? But when the rest of the crowd - which is the overwhelming majority of ticketholders - stay home, it's harder to notice due to dispersement throughout the stadium?

Let's give the student bashing a rest.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.