What Offensive Formations Would You Like To See Us Run More Out Of On Offense

HighTide3

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 11, 2012
We have yet to establish a run identity, and it makes me wonder if the coaches and team have even figured it out yet, in terms of how it relates to forming an offensive identity.

In my opinion, two things could be going on in the RUN game:
Our RUN identity has yet to be
1. found
OR
2. exposed for the world to see.

Discussing this with friends over the past few weeks, I hope there is some gamesmanship going on with some of our weapons on offense being held close to the vest for our upcoming grudge match with LSU.

We may have run options that aren't being exploited yet, as we haven't needed them, per say. I'm surprised we played such a shootout with A&M, but we did and won.
Can we play a grinding game and win?

To answer the question~ I want to see Alabama become more effective at running the ball, no matter the formation or who is running it.

As boring as it looks, the I-formation could be very effective. Just looking at the body types at the RB position, I see we have what looks like a Fullback in Fowler, and the rest of the guys look more like tailbacks to me.
Play action passing would still be effective, plus one more pass blocker when not running, and one more dump-off receiver as well. Both Yeldon and Fowler are proven capable at receiving the ball.

Great thread idea, thanks for letting me post my long opinion. I'm getting a little worried about our run game.

rtr

BamaBeta

All-SEC
Sep 18, 2008
Atlanta
I would like us to use a formation for three consecutive plays with all three being different called plays. For instance, the pistol with a quick slant or crossing route, then the pistol with a run off tackle, then the pistol into play-action for a deep pass to a post or skinny post.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I would love to see us run that formation. It allows the RB to go either side with the defense having no clue as to where the run is designed to go.

Early contender for "Gumpest Post of the Day."
With Greene and Vogler in a balanced EMLOS TE look and Howard and Fowler as flanking up backs beside the pistol QB. You can even reset the formation to create power to one side with a wing back and up back to the same side.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
I still like us in the pistol using the run more to set up our play action. Having OJ and Volger out their gives the D a lot to consider. I still think our Oline could be a really good unit and should start setting up plays for them to open holes.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.