Pick the Score: Ole Miss vs. Alabama

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
It is a new game week so time to pick the score. This will probably be our third hardest test this year after AM and LSU. I really haven't watched much of Ole Miss this year, but I know they are coming off a bye. I still think we win. They allowed 35 points to the only SEC team they have played so I think Bama will be up there as well.

Bama wins 38-21

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
bama 35 ole sis 14. and after that, the hand wringing will continue with plenty of talk about how kentucky, tennessee, and arkansas will be giving us all kinds of trouble and that we will be lucky to enter LSU week with a minimum of two losses.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
34 - 20 Good Guys.

Running game with FB and/or HB set will be about 60-65% of our offense limiting Wallace being on the field. When he is our edge rush and blitz packages will be better than we've seen this year. About time CNS and CKS tip their hand to keep the secondary from having to cover recievers on extended plays.

And yes, there will still be chicken littles regardless. I just don't get it!

RTR!!!

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
41-24 Bama!

The averages say 31-28. Add 10 to Bama for HFA and a ST or defensive TD. Best case for UM on four scores would be 3 TDs and 1 FG and not 4 TDs, thus the 24 rather than 28. Call it an AFDA (Away Field Dis Advantage).

Last edited:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I'm thinking we win by 15+.

Will be fun to count the number of posts in the Game Thread with the words "Ball game" if and when Ole Miss puts points on the board.

BamaBeta

All-SEC
Sep 18, 2008
Atlanta
Bama 31
Ole Miss 14

I think we play a little better offensively, but Ole Miss will move the ball as our defense needs some work. Though, playing quite a few younger guys the next three games will pay dividends against the likes of LSU.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I'm predicting 42-31 Bama, by way of the passing game almost exclusively. I think we'll prevail but the glaring issues most are noticing(o-line play/anemic ground game, pass defense) will still be left unresolved.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
42-21 Bama wins.

It will be close at half and everyone will be freaking out in the game thread. Then we run away from it in the 2nd half. All those little 3-5 yard runs will eventually wear them down in the second half and we will finally have a long run for a touchdown.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
It will be close at half and everyone will be freaking out in the game thread.
Wait...you're saying there are times when everyone doesn't freak out in the game thread? That'd be a significant change from back when I used to read them during games.

Game Thread Post Predictions:
(Rebs complete a pass) "Kirby needs to be fired now! We can't cover anyone!"
(Robert N sacks A.J.) either "O Line is no good at all" or "A.J. has to read that better"
(announcer says something neutral & not glowing about the Tide) "See! Everyone's against us! Bias, I tell you, Bias!"
(Ole Miss scores a TD or a Tide RB gets stopped for a one-yard gain) "The game has passed Coach Saban by. He needs to update his approach!"
(etc.)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I want to hear how some of the practices go this week before I make a prediction.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Subject to change based on upcoming news throughout the week but I think Bama pulls it out 35-27. Bama wins by a score+ but no more. If I was a betting man I'd take Ole Miss and the points (latest lines show Bama -17, that's too generous).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.