Pick the Score: Ole Miss vs. Alabama

BamaBrass

Suspended
Feb 14, 2004
Ringgold, GA
As stated earlier, I am uneasy about this game. 49% of me believes that our guys just don't have "it". However, 51% of me believes that we finally get it together and win in a nail biter, 31-28. Ole Miss hangs around and has a chance to win at the end but they "Ole Miss" it and throw a pick with less than 2 minutes left.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I have been the worst predictor on the Board this season. With that said.

Bama 49
Ole Sis 3

I sure hope it all comes together because I have no logic to back this up, just Hope!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
This is a hard game to pick for me. On one hand, I believe Ole Miss will not be able to move the ball as well as aTm since they don't have the running threat at QB compared to JFF. However, as we saw VS Colorado St., when Belue and Williams are unable to play, the secondary has its issues.

The offense is an enigma to me... Was the aTm defense so bad that the communication issue was not at issue? Did the team really come together and show what they can do when they show up to play? Was the Va Tech defense that good? Were we just flat and didn't care against Colorado St?

I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle. Therefore, assuming Belue and Williams play and are close to 100%, a focused BAMA team comes out and plays a solid game on offense and pulls away late, 37 - 28. If Belue & Williams are unable to go/are really limited I am affraid the outcome is one we don't like, Ole Miss 41 BAMA 37.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
This is a hard game to pick for me. On one hand, I believe Ole Miss will not be able to move the ball as well as aTm since they don't have the running threat at QB compared to JFF. However, as we saw VS Colorado St., when Belue and Williams are unable to play, the secondary has its issues.

The offense is an enigma to me... Was the aTm defense so bad that the communication issue was not at issue? Did the team really come together and show what they can do when they show up to play? Was the Va Tech defense that good? Were we just flat and didn't care against Colorado St?

I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle. Therefore, assuming Belue and Williams play and are close to 100%, a focused BAMA team comes out and plays a solid game on offense and pulls away late, 37 - 28. If Belue & Williams are unable to go/are really limited I am affraid the outcome is one we don't like, Ole Miss 41 BAMA 37.
We only gave up 42 to the Aggies. Ole Miss with no Johnny can score 41?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
I haven't seen a lot from Ole Miss this year. Obviously winning at Texas is no small feat after last year even if this is a 6-6 Texas squad. Pulling out a last minute win against Vandy is something else.

I guess I can write off AJ's performance against Colorado St as playing against a coach that knows you too well and baited you into too many check downs. Bama's OL obviously need to improve in all phases of the game.

Alabama 34
Vandy 20

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Can someone please tell me why you think this game will be close? They do not belong on the field with us.
I guess I'm like JessN in that I see all of the problems with our team and all of the weapons that another team has. Maybe that's why half of the board thinks I'm an Auburn fan.

If we had run for 330 yards on Colorado State and won 49-0, I'd definitely be less worried, but 66 yards on the ground has to be cause for some concern.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Can someone please tell me why you think this game will be close? They do not belong on the field with us.
I don't get why people think this. They are a good team. If we play like we did last week and against VT, it will be a close game. I don't think it will be close for long. After last week I think the team will want to prove something. I'm gonna say 38-17.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Got to believe the offense will get the job done this week running the football and passing when we want to. Hoping our DB's continue to improve as well and it looks like we will be back at close to full strength.

Roll Tide 34-17

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I agree that they do not belong on the field with us, on paper. I suppose the outcome depends on which Alabama team shows up, because I do not believe this Ole Miss team has the fear and dread of playing us this year. In spite of a sloppy game against CSU, the lack of a solid offensive performance concerns me; also our secondary and lack of a pass rush is cause for concern. Hopefully this is the game all phases come together, we shall see.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Our inconsistencies can keep it close. Out of the 12 quarters of football we have played this year we have only played two good quarters (2nd and 3rd against A&M).
Unfortunately this sounds familiar. Course things could click, we start to roll, and never look back.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I agree with that assessment, based on personnel. I think people are just worried that we are going to turn in another VT/CSU type performance. Doing that against Mississippi would at least make the game close, and might even be a loss. They have decent athletes on both sides of the ball, are confident, and have had an extra week to prepare. I was at the game Saturday and do have to say that with a few notable exceptions, the team seemed flat as a fritter and like they would just as soon have been elsewhere. Maybe that was the level of competition, maybe the game plan was boring and conservative and they weren't inspired to play it. Maybe it was having six starters on the sideline and it felt like A Day, without a steak on the line.... Whatever. After watching Mississippi eke out a win against Vandy and seeing us play like we did against TA&M, I would have thought we'd run Mississippi off the field. After seeing the Tide in person last week, I'm apprehensive, though I've picked us to win by three scores, which we can and should do.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
I'm starting to get a sense of opponents. How do our opponents compared to Ole Miss's? How about what they scheme wise in those games? Unless you're blind, you know Bama ran a very vanilla scheme in two games. What did Ole Miss do in their games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
^^^ This. A million times, this.

Hard for me to understand how more fans aren't seeing this.

This Ole Miss team and coaching staff took LSU and aTm to the wire last year. They're very good. Yet, we beat them by 19. And we will beat Ole Miss handily again this year. The game will not be in doubt.

And, we are so, so spoiled. Wow.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.