Pick the Score: Ole Miss vs. Alabama

BamaRoy68

Jul 23, 2006
Bama 52
Ole Miss 17

Something tells me Bama's going to light them up. Of course I tend to get that feeling a lot the last few years! ;)

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I guess I'm like JessN in that I see all of the problems with our team and all of the weapons that another team has. Maybe that's why half of the board thinks I'm an Auburn fan.
If we had run for 330 yards on Colorado State and won 49-0, I'd definitely be less worried, but 66 yards on the ground has to be cause for some concern.
There are a few of us on here who don't own "crimson colored glasses" and we are either greeted with "Debbie Downer" or moo. It is everyone's right to express his/her opinion, but I have in a lot of instances determined it is best to not say anything. I respect your opinion and your willingness to say what you think. Roll Tide.

Last edited:

Tider4653golf

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 29, 2010
Coach Saban is the ultimate puppet master, anyone that doesn't think Saban handcuffed the offense last week, please go back and watch the game! Coach Saban had 4 objectives last week, 1. Win the game....check 2. Get as much work for the defense and the young db's as possible, that was not going to happen by letting the offense run up and down the field, so the offense was handcuffed much like the VT game.....check! 3. Saban was not going to make Coach Mac look bad......check 4. Saban didn't want a blow out going into this week, it would not help the youngun's get prepared for SEC play.

Bama will be very well prepared this week and the offense will be turned loose!!!

Bama -42
Ole miss -13

RTR!

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
Wait...you're saying there are times when everyone doesn't freak out in the game thread? That'd be a significant change from back when I used to read them during games.

Game Thread Post Predictions:
(Rebs complete a pass) "Kirby needs to be fired now! We can't cover anyone!"
(Robert N sacks A.J.) either "O Line is no good at all" or "A.J. has to read that better"
(announcer says something neutral & not glowing about the Tide) "See! Everyone's against us! Bias, I tell you, Bias!"
(Ole Miss scores a TD or a Tide RB gets stopped for a one-yard gain) "The game has passed Coach Saban by. He needs to update his approach!"
(etc.)
You got it all wrong.....your grammer is to proper. It won't be that good. U welcome. ;)

P.S. Bama 28 Ole Miss 13

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I still have two minds about this...the fact CNS is going to the lengths he is to try and tamp down expectations a little, even the fact that he thinks it's necessary to do that, tells me maybe (MAYBE) this team isn't "there" yet. Ol Spit 35 bama 31
Or...the players' meetings he has spoken about have increased the focus and raised the intensity level of the whole team (as reported by practice observers) to a point where they are just going to annihilate the Mississippi Mudbrains....Bama 42 Ol Spit 14

55-45 latter vs former
Seriously conflicted and wouldn't bet on this game either way. But I am 150% pulling for a curb stomping of epic proportions.
​ROLL TIDE ROLL

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Last year, Ole Miss was the first team to actually have a lead on Bama. It lasted all of 15 seconds. I write this for no particular reason other than to point out that Freeze has his team built up to not fear Bama at all. They will come out pumped and fired up, which could result in them taking an early lead, a la the aTm game a couple of weeks ago.

Prediction: Bama 45 - Ole Miss 30

Born2Roll

3rd Team
Oct 8, 2004
Tallahassee, FL
38-17 BAMA

Two things to watch for:

1. Stinson will dominate Tunsil, who is a future All-SEC player, but he's really green and getting by on sheer talent so far. That alone won't work this weekend.

2. Look for Eddie Jackson to start opposite of Belue - http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/09/deion_belues_return_important.html

Nothing specific from Saban, but just a gut feeling. I expect to see press coverage with one safety over the top to help Jackson. This will free up an extra defender for run support and blitz packages.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.