Dexter

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
I was disappointed in the last episode and the last couple of seasons as well. The first few seasons were phenomenal in my opinion, but they drew it out far too long. Saxon story conclusion was terrible. I don't really see a way it could ever go down that smoothly, almost felt to me like the writers knew they had to tie up all the strings so they just did it in as little time as possible, and payed no mind to any last shred of plausibility.

I get that the Deb conclusion was supposed to be the summation of Dexter's emotional side, but to me, playing to Dexter's emotions was a bad move anyway, and felt extremely forced they way it was played out. Sure, he became a dad and all, but seeing all the things he did before Harrison, I think they went too far in building him up to be a machine early on to turn back on it and have him become soft. Especially considering how his emotional side cost him everything, i.e. not killing Saxon when he had the chance. The real Dexter would never do such a thing, he knows the risk in leaving anything in anyone else's hands. After all, how many times has he killed a suspect in a crime that Metro had all but locked up? He leaves nothing to chance until season 8, just seems too farfetched.

Maybe they can right the ship somewhat with a decent movie, but at this point it feels like they're just milking loyal viewers who have invested enough time already that there's no sense in stopping now, certainly the way I've felt for the last two seasons.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Terrible last season that pretty well pooped all over my enjoyment of this show.

The writing team essentially turned Dexter (and a lot of other characters like Hanna) into bumbling idiots.

As one example he decides being with Hanna is best for Harrison. The same Hanna that has been caught repeatedly & has never heard of a disguise before. Also the same Hanna who has a now very likely ....ed off Elway that knows what direction she was heading.

I don't even want to get started on all the rest.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
My thoughts EXACTLY on Hanna!! Did it NEVER occur to her to cut and dye her hair??!! This season was a BIG let down and the final episode just didn't do it for me. I did not like the way it ended.

Did any of you guys read the book series?

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Season 8 was horrific. I don't know how the show veered off course so badly. I only watched season 8 because I had been a fan of the show from the very start. I knew after the first few episodes of the final season that the ending would be an epic letdown. But, I only wanted one thing. I just wanted SOMEBODY at Miami Metro to find out about Dexter. Quinn, Batista, Masuka, Captain Mathews. Somebody. I just wanted to see the reaction of at least one of them finding out that one of their own was in fact a serial killer. And the writers just could not/would not do it. This is why I prefer Breaking Bad.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I avoided this thread until finishing the final season. Loved the show for the first 4 seasons. John Lithgow was the best, and that season finale was the high point of the show.

I still enjoyed the rest of the seasons, but it just didn't have the same bite.

Just started watching The Borgias last night. It has promise.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
*****24 and Dexter Spoiler Alerts Below*****

I avoided this thread until finishing the final season. Loved the show for the first 4 seasons. John Lithgow was the best, and that season finale was the high point of the show.
I thought the Season 4 Finale was almost a rip off of the Season 1 Finale of 24. The main character is after a bad guy. After much drama, the bad guy is finally eliminated. The viewer thinks it's over. Then he returns only to find that his loved one has been killed by the one he had been trying to catch.

drsmithofga

1st Team
Dec 7, 2004
I just finished watching this last night. I watched the entire eight seasons in about one month on a binge. Its amazing how different the feel for a show is when you watch 24 episodes per week. The characters really grew on me. I wish the gratuitous sex and language could have been curtailed some, but these days it seems everyone wants to call you a prude and tell you to catch up with the times. Even with that, the show really drew me in and I'm left wanting more. I guess I'm in the minority with the series finale, in that it was completely unexpected and emotionally gripping.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.