Whats going on with Cooper???

hotwillz33

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2012
Just wondering if anyone has any inside information....he seems to be lacking focus this year. Several drops and indecisive when attacking DB's. Just wonder if his confidence has taken a big hit this year and whether he can shake back.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
He's had a hurt foot/ankle since fall camp. I think that may have affected his concentration. He got glowing reviews from summer workouts so I think he'll be fine once he's healed up.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
IMO his confidence has taken a hit. Last year he just went out and played to his natural ability, which is awesome BTW, and didn't think about it. This year the ankle/foot injury has hampered him some and I'd guess the pressure and expactation is a strain as well. Can also contribute a large portion of that to timing between he and the QB. We've all seen AJ get horizontal a good bit more this year. When you're used to being able to go through your progressions and pick your spot it changes everything when you "HAVE TO" get rid of the ball. Once Cooper is healthy and the O-Line gels it should be much better.

RTR!!!

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I don't think so at all. Any injury that hampers a wide receivers speed or quickness is much like a QB with a throwing arm injury. Very difficult to be your best no matter how bad you want to be.
I think you are on target. Coop's a very talented WR and I expect him to be up and going just fine once his foot/ankle problem resolves. For those who feel the need to criticize just try running and cutting with a bad foot. Ditto this for Belue.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
"Being with a woman all night never hurt no ballplayer. It's being out all night looking for one that does them in." Casey Stengal.
Coach Bryant disagreed.

In addition to what others have posted, I think Cooper is pressing just a bit -- trying to run before he has the ball, anticipating slipping tackles before he secures it, etc. Agree that once healthy, he'll be fine. I just hope he's healthy sooner rather than later.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I wouldn't worry about that. I expect him to have a big game this weekend.
I don't know if he'll have a big game, as I still think he is less then 100%...but I'm not sure if it matters. Yes, he's an All_American talent, but it's arguably the one position where we can afford to let him heal as long as he REALLY needs to...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.