We have one good backup center

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
Chad Lindsey looks like Barrett Jones. Not shy on pointing out assignments and made great blocks, the block on the Drake TD. He's a gamer, and I bet he'll see more playing time regardless of injuries.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Chad Lindsey looks like Barrett Jones. Not shy on pointing out assignments and made great blocks, the block on the Drake TD. He's a gamer, and I bet he'll see more playing time regardless of injuries.
Yup..We looked better on offense with him at center..I think we may have a new starter the rest of the year..

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Nice to have quality back ups play with confidence.

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
I was thinking the same thing. Says a lot about a kid to step up in a big game. Ole Miss was fairly stout up front, too. Actually, I saw no drop-off. I was glad to actually get a better look at Henry toward the end of the game, too. He is a work horse of a back...

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Doesn't seem Kelly is done for the year or anything, but Lindsay should certainly get a look. The scoreboard didn't reflect how much more productive we were running in the second half. Some of it was Lindsay some was just execution by other guys, but the center is responsible for some of that too with proper assignment calls.

Bama Fish 86-9

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2010
Deserving of a game ball, if you ask me. When he came in, not only was there no drop off on the line, but it looked to me like we may have worked better. Nothing against Kelly at all, just what I saw. I hope Kelly is ok.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
We have a new starter
Lindsey seems to have a better grasp on the line calls than Kelly, and that's meant as no disrespect towards Kelly, the offense just ran better with Chad as our center, I dunno if he was just making the right line calls, that Kelly wasn't or if the O-Line just rallied around Chad when he came in..And just played better football as a unit..Either way..I don't see how Lindsey isn't our new center from here on out..Even when Kelly comes back..

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Lindsey did a great job all things considered.

But, there are two points. The offense was never really dynamic, there were a few big plays, but it's not like we saw a well oiled machine with either center. The other is that Ryan was the center for the game against A&M, and the offense didn't look too bad then. So, I'm happy with what we saw today from Lindsey, but I'll stop short of deciding which should be starting.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
When Lindsay committed to us, I thought he was going to be a stud. His HS highlight footage looked as impressive as any lineman I've ever seen. I don't if he is one of those players that doesn't practice well, but he played lights out. His MO in HS was to block an opposing player to ground, and I saw him do that several times tonight. He played very physical like he did back in Texas.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.