Early Lines for Week 6 Games of Interest

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
TideFans.com neither promotes nor condones gambling of any kind. The information below is for entertainment purposes only. Enjoy.

After a fairly exciting Week 5, Week 6 of the season has some gems.

• Texas opened as a 7.5 pt favorite over Iowa St.
  • Coming off of a bye week, Louisville is a 30.5 pt favorite over temple
  • Michigan St. opened as a 2 pt road underdog to Iowa
  • The #1 Alabama Crimson Tide opens as a 57 (?!?!?!?) point favorite over Georgia St.
  • Florida St. opens as a 17.5 pt favorite over Maryland
  • No line yet for Georgia Tech/Miami (FL) due to uncertainty of the status of Miami stars Duke Johnson & Stephen Morris
  • Clemson is a 13.5pt road favorite at Syracuse
  • Oregon is a 35 pt road favorite over Colorado
  • After a thrilling Week 5 victory, the Georgia Bulldogs open as 10.5 pt favorites over the Tennessee Volunteers
  • Florida is a 12.5 pt favorite over Arkansas
  • LSU is a 9 (?!?!?!) point road favorite over Mississippi St.
  • Oklahoma is a 10 pt favorite on the road at TCU
  • Undefeated Missouri is a 2 pt underdog at Vanderbilt
  • After being brought back down to earth, Ole Miss opens as a 1 pt favorite at Auburn
  • South Carolina opens as a 21 pt favorite over the hapless Kentucky Wildcats
  • After hanging a 60 spot on USC and running Lane Kiffin out of town, the Arizona St. Wildcats are a 6.5 pt favorite AT South Bend vs. Notre Dame
  • After a very impressive victory over Wisconsin, Ohio St. opens as only a 4pt favorite at Northwestern

Happy picking!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Seems like Vegas is betting on letdown games from LSU and UGA following a tense, emotional shootout. That is understandable and a good catch by the line setters.

Florida State's line seems a bit high. I think it is an early kick game which seems conducive to one team not being ready to go at the start. Maryland hasn't exactly looked terrible either and they had a bye week to mend and prepare for FSU.

That one point spread in Ole Miss' favor seems like an easy money pick for the gamblers out there.

The OSU-NW game is the landmine game of the week in my opinion.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
We don't score 55+ often because of how we play == we never show up teams -- and figuring AJ may only play 2 Quarters at the most -- this is going to be a 300 rushing yard event....

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
  • After being brought back down to earth, Ole Miss opens as a 1 pt favorite at Auburn

This one is really tempting. I think Ole Miss is going to come out angry. And their defense is good enough to make it long day for a very inconsistent Auburn offense.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
[/LIST]

This one is really tempting. I think Ole Miss is going to come out angry. And their defense is good enough to make it long day for a very inconsistent Auburn offense.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Freeze is a Malzahn disciple right?

And Auburn's had a week off...so Ole Miss may be ripe for the picking.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
GSU is beyond terrible. They are a glorified FCS program in their first year as an official FBS member and only fourth year of existence. Their fan support makes UAB games look like sellouts.

That being said, Saban won't run up the score on purpose. He'll keep it on the ground and shorten the game as much as possible. If we top 57 it will be by accident.

Freeze may have been processed last night, the Barn could pull the upset.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
57 points is a lot and that's if we shut GA state out. You never know and they could get a score somehow. Then that puts us at 64 points. I would not touch this game unless Im picking GA state to cover. I would find a different game. roll tide roll!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.