There's gonna be a lot of surprised LSU fans come November 9th.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I guess the growing consensus among some of our yet to be played opponents (Ole Miss was one of them before Saturday) is that we're not very good this year.

This morning as the LSU faithful were calling in mourning their loss to UGA and looking down the rest of the schedule the consensus (including the host) was "Well, at least Bama's not that good this year. That's a win in T-Town."

I hope the team and their fans stroll into BDS November 9th with that mindset. Scanning some of their boards it seems this mindset just isn't limited to my local area either.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Re: There's gonna be a lot of surprised LSU fans comes November 9th.

I guess the growing consensus among some of our yet to be played opponents (Ole Miss was one of them before Saturday) is that we're not very good this year.

This morning as the LSU faithful were calling in mourning their loss to UGA and looking down the rest of the schedule the consensus (including the host) was "Well, at least Bama's not that good this year. That's a win in T-Town."

I hope the team and their fans stroll into BDS November 9th with that mindset. Scanning some of their boards it seems this mindset just isn't limited to my local area either.
Hopefully they will keep on thinking that way. Could be, that mindset helped lead to the shut out this past weekend against the rebears.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now

More wishful thinking then fact. Amazing how the bright lights of a well oiled offense can blind the eyes of the beholder. This LSU defense is as bad as the 2008 bunch that les thought needed co-defensive coordinators. Constantly out of position, no pressure and Chavis is determined to play a soft zone in crunch time. LSU had better keep their head on a swivel long before they come strutting into BDS. A couple of losses and that great offense, stops looking so great. Perhaps we could just ask "O" Miss?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Fans are fans - this only helps Alabama if it creeps into the minds of the players. Since you guys are going to dismantle 3 teams before you get to LSU, I doubt that will happen.

Sorry - you get to dismantle 4 teams before you get to LSU

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

LSU's defense may not be as good as as their more recent teams, but if our offense doesn't improve a lot by that point it could make things pretty difficult. I'm just not used to seeing a Bama team, since the Saban era began, that does not dominate up front with the OL. I hope by November the experience and time to gel will help get them playing more consistently. The last thing we need is the defense having to be out on the field all night because the offense can't get anything going.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

LSU's defense may not be as good as as their more recent teams, but if our offense doesn't improve a lot by that point it could make things pretty difficult. I'm just not used to seeing a Bama team, since the Saban era began, that does not dominate up front with the OL. I hope by November the experience and time to gel will help get them playing more consistently. The last thing we need is the defense having to be out on the field all night because the offense can't get anything going.
I may end up being wrong. But I have a hard time believing that between now and November 9th we will not be improved on the OL. There's A LOT of practices and four games in between now and November 9th. If we cannot improve (or have regressed) between now and then we've got some major issues that go well beyond replacing three starters.

FAYETTE4BAMA

1st Team
May 15, 2003

Fans are fans - this only helps Alabama if it creeps into the minds of the players. Since you guys are going to dismantle 3 teams before you get to LSU, I doubt that will happen.

Sorry - you get to dismantle 4 teams before you get to LSU
I think Bama needs those games to continue to improve. I was glad we won't play GA or LSU for quite a while after seeing them play each other Saturday. Both tough teams and our early competition doesn't compare to either, IMO.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I think Bama needs those games to continue to improve. I was glad we won't play GA or LSU for quite a while after seeing them play each other Saturday. Both tough teams and our early competition doesn't compare to either, IMO.
Don't get too up tight - neither of those teams have played a solid defense yet. Their offensive stats are built on weak defensive teams. Your team is starting to come together everywhere. A little more improvement by your o-line (like you started to see in the 2nd half of the Ole Miss game) and your will be ready for anybody.

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al

I may end up being wrong. But I have a hard time believing that between now and November 9th we will not be improved on the OL. There's A LOT of practices and four games in between now and November 9th. If we cannot improve (or have regressed) between now and then we've got some major issues that go well beyond replacing three starters.
I've seen improvement all over the field, especially in the OL. There is no substitute for game experience, and these guys will have plenty by November and LSU.

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011

LSU will be a huge pain for us. I think this week was a lot of our aTm game of last year. LSU wore our defense out with so many plays and aTm had a tremendous advantage. Same thing happened for Georgia....the barn ran something like 48 plays in 2H vs LSU. they have a bye week before playing us and furman before that so will be fresh when they come to town

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

That's the attitude I always want to see in the other teams, and their fans.
I love it when they realize it's time to leave early to 'Beat The Traffic'...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Funny thing is this years team may not look as dominant as the last couple team, yet, they're dominating everyone they play just the same way our last two NC teams did..And will only get better each game which should scare the you know what out of the Swamp Kittens..

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK

I think GaState, KY, and UT will all get a healthy dose of power run between the tackles as CNS looks to toughen up or OLine and backs heading into the LSU game. Early LSU prediction.....Fowler sees a lot of carries.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

You guys beat 3 of your opponents by 25, and could easily have beat aTm by that much. The final margin of victory in that game was 7 points, but their last TD was meaningless.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

Funny thing is this years team may not look as dominant as the last couple team, yet, they're dominating everyone they play just the same way our last two NC teams did..And will only get better each game which should scare the you know what out of the Swamp Kittens..
That is the scary thing. Ole Miss' offense isn't "bad". I know after the fact you've got many who now say Ole Miss really wasn't that good. But those same people were all on the "Upset alert" train leading up to the game. But it is very scary to watch a team "working out the kinks" yet continuing to beat teams by 3 td's.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

Hey I'm hoping you end up being right! There is a lot of time before Nov 9th and you could see improvement in the 2nd half against Ole Miss. My biggest concern is the offense sputtering and leaving the defense out there too long. There is no doubt LSU is much better offensively that some of their more recent squads. We can't afford to give them to many opportunities with a weapon like Jeremy Hill and then Mettenberger throwing the ball well.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

They have both played good schedules but I believe ours is very similar if not equal (see Krazy's thread on 1st four game schedule). I do agree they are both tough and good teams.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

Hey I'm hoping you end up being right! There is a lot of time before Nov 9th and you could see improvement in the 2nd half against Ole Miss. My biggest concern is the offense sputtering and leaving the defense out there too long. There is no doubt LSU is much better offensively that some of their more recent squads. We can't afford to give them to many opportunities with a weapon like Jeremy Hill and then Mettenberger throwing the ball well.
I have a sneaking suspicion our defense is better than Georgia's.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
In 4 of our games, 3 were against mobile QBs. We've gotten pressure plenty, but it always had to be tempered pressure to avoid the big gain on scramble.

Mett is no threat to run. AJ looks like a track athlete compared to Mett.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.