Guess the next coach to be fired.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
with all the firings this year so far. let's see who can guess the next coach to be fired.

My guess is Temple's coach. They lost to Idaho.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Larry Blakeny at Troy. He's been there for years and have been bad the last few seasons. Mississippi State just hung 60 on them.

He may just be asked to retire and told to keep the real story down home, cuz.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I don't know about the next one to be fired, but Texas should let Mack Brown go at the end of the year, esp. after Earl Campbell said he needed to go. DeLoss is retiring next August (2014) so it's time for Brown to go tooooooo. However, I don't think DeLoss should be involved in hiring Brown's successor. You'd be hiring someone and then leaving. This could mean that Mack will get ONE MORE year and the new coach would be hired by the new AD. Did DeLoss announce his retirement to take people's minds off what needs to be done with Mack Brown?

Then they could hire either Briles from Baylor or Franklin from Vandy. I think both have done outstanding jobs in their current positions. Briles has done a great job, but Franklin has worked miracles at Vandy. If Coach Saban were to leave at the end of the year (and I don't think he will), I would have trouble deciding between Kirby Smart and Franklin. I think Franklin could win Big time at Bama.

USCw should also look at Franklin.

If USCw goes with Del Rio from the Broncos, do you think his son would transfer to USCw from Bama? I hope he stays at Bama because I think he can win the starting QB job next year. In the Spring game he looked like "Cool Hand Luke".

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
edit for space.

If USCw goes with Del Rio from the Broncos, do you think his son would transfer to USCw from Bama? I hope he stays at Bama because I think he can win the starting QB job next year. In the Spring game he looked like "Cool Hand Luke".
You could say the same for Weis.

Ok, maybe he doesn't look like Cool Hand Luke, but he could eat fifty eggs.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Outside of Kiffin only Mack is performing horribly enough to justify cutting the chord now. No way Texas does this in season though. They think themselves above it. I thought DeLoss's retirement was the set up to Brown taking his role but if they are waiting til 2104 it sounds like they are giving him one more year. Crazy, i'd put odds on that plan changing in the off-season

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This is going to sound crazy but stay with me.

Gary Pinkel. Yes, his team is 4-0. Yes, he's had a history of success at Mizzou.

The problem is last year was an unmitigated disaster in their SEC debut. Texas A&M, their realignment partner, 15-2 since 2012 with a Heisman winner. It simply won't take much for the people in Missouri to turn on Pinkel if things go south and they have a schedule built to turn a 4-0 start into 4-4 by the end of the month. If they lose to Vandy, start the countdown.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
This is going to sound crazy but stay with me.

Gary Pinkel. Yes, his team is 4-0. Yes, he's had a history of success at Mizzou.

The problem is last year was an unmitigated disaster in their SEC debut. Texas A&M, their realignment partner, 15-2 since 2012 with a Heisman winner. It simply won't take much for the people in Missouri to turn on Pinkel if things go south and they have a schedule built to turn a 4-0 start into 4-4 by the end of the month. If they lose to Vandy, start the countdown.
I can see that happening as well if they lose all their SEC gauntlet games again this year, I wouldn't fire him if I were them, he's taking them about as far as they'll go with their college football program..They need to concentrate on the BBall program, cause they will never win the SEC in football, they eventually will in BBall..It's just a matter of time..JMO

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I can see that happening as well if they lose all their SEC gauntlet games again this year, I wouldn't fire him if I were them, he's taking them about as far as they'll go with their college football program..They need to concentrate on the BBall program, cause they will never win the SEC in football, they eventually will in BBall..It's just a matter of time..JMO
They have more capacity than MSU in my opinion and MSU has been getting to 7 wins by scheduling chumps OOC for awhile now. I don't see why they can't get around that or a little better.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
They have more capacity than MSU in my opinion and MSU has been getting to 7 wins by scheduling chumps OOC for awhile now. I don't see why they can't get around that or a little better.
They very well could no doubts about that, I just think they'll always be Kentucky like & will always be a middle of the pack football team, that will always be a dominate BBall school..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.