Guess the next coach to be fired.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I don't know about the next one to be fired, but Texas should let Mack Brown go at the end of the year, esp. after Earl Campbell said he needed to go. DeLoss is retiring next August (2014) so it's time for Brown to go tooooooo. However, I don't think DeLoss should be involved in hiring Brown's successor. You'd be hiring someone and then leaving. This could mean that Mack will get ONE MORE year and the new coach would be hired by the new AD. Did DeLoss announce his retirement to take people's minds off what needs to be done with Mack Brown?

Then they could hire either Briles from Baylor or Franklin from Vandy. I think both have done outstanding jobs in their current positions. Briles has done a great job, but Franklin has worked miracles at Vandy. If Coach Saban were to leave at the end of the year (and I don't think he will), I would have trouble deciding between Kirby Smart and Franklin. I think Franklin could win Big time at Bama.
USCw should also look at Franklin.

If USCw goes with Del Rio from the Broncos, do you think his son would transfer to USCw from Bama? I hope he stays at Bama because I think he can win the starting QB job next year. In the Spring game he looked like "Cool Hand Luke".
James Franklin?????? What the hell are you smoking?

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I don't think anyone goes till the end of the season but after that is how wants to have first shot at the up & comers.
Coach Bo will go
Mack Brown going down
Fat Charlie victim of budget cut food bill to high at Kansas
Gus gets offered the USC job because he is the greatest coach of all times.

​i think Spurrier will finally hang it up.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Nah. 1st year at Kansas. They were so HORRIBLE under that guy Aubrens wanted soooooooooo bad that he'll get at least another year.
He's in his second year......1 win last year. 2 wins this year.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9659500/the-long-road-ahead-charlie-weis-kansas-football

When Charlie Weis entered his press conference as the new head football coach at the University of Kansas, in December 2011, he was walking with a cane. At the time it was hard to discern whose reputation was more hobbled: the coach's or the program's. For Weis, there was his humiliating flameout at Notre Dame, followed by one-year stints with mixed results as the offensive coordinator for the Kansas City Chiefs and Florida Gators. For Kansas, there were the team's previous three seasons — and much of its history before that — which had produced just two conference wins and an average margin of defeat greater than 20. "It's not gonna be pleasant here in the springtime," Weis said. "There aren't gonna be many things I can promise, but I can promise you that."

As it turned out, fall would be just as unpleasant. "Well, let's see," Weis said in Lawrence last month, offering a survey of his first season on the job before his second one was about to begin. "We blew the Rice game: They kicked a field goal at the end. Then TCU turns it over six [Editor's note: It was actually four] times but we still can't beat 'em. Then we go to Northern Illinois and blow that lead. And let's not talk about Texas Tech in double overtime. Or, while we're at it, blowing the Okie State game when we got it cut to six and the ball's on the 30-yard line. And how about giving up a touchdown pass to Texas with 11 seconds to go?" Kansas won just a single game, against South Dakota State. The program was so desperate for good news that the athletic department's website briefly listed Blue's win over White in the annual spring game as the team's second victory of the season.

Last edited:

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Mullen from Miss St & Pelini from Nebraska will be looking for new jobs sooner than later as well..
I was thinking Mullen as well. A few good seasons under Sherrill, and MSU thinks they should be able to compete with the big dogs of the SEC.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Next coach? No idea.
But, I'm watching Dana Holgorsen at WV. 10-3 in year 1, 7-6 in year 2, and got drilled by Maryland this year (although the win against Oklahoma State helped). If they end up without a winning record I could see him gone. I don't know details about his contract though.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Next coach? No idea.
But, I'm watching Dana Holgorsen at WV. 10-3 in year 1, 7-6 in year 2, and got drilled by Maryland this year (although the win against Oklahoma State helped). If they end up without a winning record I could see him gone. I don't know details about his contract though.
I think the Maryland-FSU game will be interesting. The Terps should cover that early 17.5 line.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
James Franklin?????? What the hell are you smoking?
Honestly, I don't smoke. When I die I don't want it to be from lung cancer.

Franklin has been a miracle worker at Vandy. It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to win at Vandy. In fact it's hard to even be competitive.

Steve Sloan didn't do too bad there. But with Franklin they have either won or been COMPETITIVE in every game that I can remember with him as coach.

I think he is a winner, but he's at a place where it's IMPOSSIBLE to really win. He has those guys believing that they can play with the Big Boys. Now, he may
have also recruited a few boys that he should not have, but that happens almost everywhere, even Bama.

Vandy is not going to be able to keep him, then they will go back to beating someone every blue moon.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Larry Blakeny at Troy. He's been there for years and have been bad the last few seasons. Mississippi State just hung 60 on them.

He may just be asked to retire and told to keep the real story down home, cuz.
No way in Hades is this going to happen. Everything Troy has accomplished is because of Coach B. and they're dang sure not going to fire him for losing big to an SEC team.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Weiss pelini or adazzio
Say what? Because he lost to Kiffy? Get real, he's been at BC for all of four games - inherited a helluva mess - and played your Golden Gopher at FSU out of his cleats last week. "Next to be fired" in 2015 maybe. But guess what - the guy can coach.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.