Link: Ha Ha Clinton Dix suspended; asst strength coach placed on leave for providing loan

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Ha Ha Clinton Dix suspended for violation of team rules, Saban says

IIRC T. DePriest was suspended indefinitely during fall camp for a violation of team rules and I don't remember this much uproar. He obviously did what he needed to do to get back in good standing.
Yup, and he was back in one week.

But that won't stop the nervous nelly's from scouring the web looking for anything to be terrified about.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

Whine and prattle? That's asinine. You seem to be arguing that having the star player in the secondary (a preseason All American) get suspended isn't a big deal.

i have no idea what he did and won't speculate, but it's not good. i don't think it will cost us any game(s) but it's alarming. Just because I'm not an ostrich with my head in the sand about this doesn't mean I'm whining or prattling or a bad fan.

On a scale of things to worry about this is about a 5.5. You seem to think its a 0.0
Yup, and he was back in one week.

But that won't stop the nervous nelly's from scouring the web looking for anything to be terrified about.

CORRECT!

Look I don't care what it's about at all no way I can do anything about it. I love to see HaHa play he's one of my favorites. but the wisdom of CNS has Alabama ready to plug & play.

Collins is a really talented kid & our defense will be fine.

Whatever Ha Ha did & does it really matter, he is being punished fot it, they ALL know the rules. If the issue is where he can work his way back, he will be allowed to do so.

I really don't think some get the whole team concept, CNS just applies the same rules to everyone.

Personally, I hope Ha Ha will be back by 10rc but that's up to CNS & him, and I am good with that!

ohiotide14

1st Team
Jan 3, 2012
Youngstown, OH

For the record, just because I dont post everyday does not mean I am a troll or a rival fan. I am on this forum daily and multiple times a day at work lol. Im just not a consistent poster...Its going to take me awhile to get up there! Take it easy on the guys that dont post alot!

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008

What's funny is...this is not character of Alabama to suspend more than 3 players this season. Before ya'll say something, Depriest, Geno smith and now Ha ha. We don't even know if Drake was suspended at all. Theres more to it and I have a feeling this is going to be long year....

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Watching ESPN and they just said Ha Ha was suspended and Coach Saban isn't saying why and the next breath they say Mel Kiper says Ha Ha is the #1 safety in the 2014 NFL draft.
Doesn't take a lot of deductive reasoning to know that Saban's bombshell struck with surgical precision, with the intended fallout (putting the NFL on full evaluation alert) hereafter hanging over HaHa's head 'til draft day. In Saban we trust - more every day.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

One thing I'd mention. The Lightfoot firm is a very good litigation firm. I'm using them for a couple of clients now, one involving a seven figure sum. They are straight shooters and get an undeserved bashing just because they've been successful in representing Auburn...
most of the bashing they get is undeserved, I agree, I can still hate them for this guy right?

http://www.lightfootlaw.com/alabama-lawyer/gene-a-marsh

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

Doesn't take a lot of deductive reasoning to know that Saban's bombshell struck with surgical precision, with the intended fallout (putting the NFL on full evaluation alert) hereafter hanging over HaHa's head 'til draft day. In Saban we trust - more every day.
Because the best coaches intentionally sabotage star players' NFL dreams, timing disciplinary announcements for maximum damage.

You're right about one thing, though. It doesn't take a lot of deductive reasoning to reach such a conclusion.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Things Happen.

We have Landon Collins at Safety, so I'm not exactly panicked about losing Haha for a few games.

Seems people are making a lot of assumptions...2 +2 doesn't equal 27.

We'll be fine.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Whine and prattle? That's asinine. You seem to be arguing that having the star player in the secondary (a preseason All American) get suspended isn't a big deal.

i have no idea what he did and won't speculate, but it's not good. i don't think it will cost us any game(s) but it's alarming. Just because I'm not an ostrich with my head in the sand about this doesn't mean I'm whining or prattling or a bad fan.

On a scale of things to worry about this is about a 5.5. You seem to think its a 0.0

If a player making a bad decision is a 5.5 in your mind...so be it...
Maybe if we didnt have a 5 star recruit (landon Collins) waiting to fill in, I'd be more concerned, but, ....we do have him...

This is a good thing if ONE PLAYER (Haha) needed an attention grabber. Long term, this is good for the team....

It ensures discipline, and allows for Haha to make amends for whatever he did for his suspension.

The world is still spinning, the sky isnt falling...

and this years team is still just fine.

aTm

Sep 11, 2013

If he is not back by the LSU game, then it's pretty serious.:biggrin2:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

That makes no sense to me. If Braxton Miller was indefinitely suspended tomorrow every rational OSU would be concerned.

Worst case scenario for the remaining 8 games to me (realistically) - we go 7-1 to finish 11-1 and end up in a BCS bowl. Maybe we go 11-1 and then lose to UGA in the SECCG. 10-2 or worse ain't happenin'. That doesn't mean we should blow off indefinite suspensions, especially after 3 other guys have been suspended.
Nostradamus, is that you?
How do you go about determining the teams end of year record from a suspension????
We do have one or two fairly decent backups (Landon Collins?).

wow.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

It's hard to get folks to understand the differences in the eligibility area. No NCAA school has been punished with sanctions such as probation or loss of scholarships in recent years over those questions, if the school (unlike USC and others) has not chosen to ignore plain facts in front of their eyes. In fact, they even seem to be shying away from the vacation of wins, when the school has done due diligence. I think they're beginning to understand the limits of their powers. I hate to lose talented players, but there's someone behind who will have to step up. If it affects our W/L record, so be it. There are things more important. All this is if the rumors are true, which none of us know at this point.

One thing I'd mention. The Lightfoot firm is a very good litigation firm. I'm using them for a couple of clients now, one involving a seven figure sum. They are straight shooters and get an undeserved bashing just because they've been successful in representing Auburn...
Isn't that the main reason you'd hire any lawyer?

and if they can successfully represent Auburn, ...well....HIRE 'EM!...'nuff said...

TheCrimsonLiver

All-SEC
Aug 21, 2006
Pell City

Much ado about nothing. :rolleyes: Its a yearly thing. Break the rules, and sit out until you get yourself straight.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I have to say I am confused with everything going on.
There's really nothing to be confused about - HaHa is suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules. That's it.

The rest of this thread is rumors gleaned from other forums and comments in articles and people scared of their own shadow hand-wringing for no real reason.

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL

These kids have GOT to realize they are ALL individually responsible for keeping themselves clean. They are in line to MAKE HISTORY! Something like a threepeat may never happen again in our lifetime, and won't during the players' eligibility. They have high standards of expectation and performance put on them, sure, but it is so hard for me to understand how selfish decisions can be made at this point at Alabama given what's at stake, and what an opportunity in front of them that WILL NEVER COME AGAIN. It's important for history, for their teammates, their coaches, the school, recruiting, AND the fans, last but not least.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

I have faith In UA and CNS and that they will do what needs to be done. I think I could start Sat. morning and we would be just fine.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I hate it for the player mostly. I mean, suspended "indefinitely" may mean 4 weeks or 4 days. But if he misses games, someone is going to step up. And there is always a very talented backup waiting for their chance at Alabama.

For Ha Ha's sake I hope its something he can learn from and bounce back quickly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.