Link: Ha Ha Clinton Dix suspended; asst strength coach placed on leave for providing loan

chains

Scout Team
Jun 12, 2009
Re: Ha Ha Clinton Dix suspended for violation of team rules, Saban says

Indefinite suspensions come in many forms. One is when school rules or laws have been broken and the wheels of justice must be addressed first. The other type involve NCAA rules and the NCAA wheels must turn before playing status is determined. I'm betting on the second.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

By the way, how would Coach Bryant have handled the Social Media if he had been around. I don't think he would have made it to 69 years of age. More like 49.
Does this even matter? No.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Indefinite suspensions come in many forms. One is when school rules or laws have been broken and the wheels of justice must be addressed first. The other type involve NCAA rules and the NCAA wheels must turn before playing status is determined. I'm betting on the second.
How you figure that??? CNS said "team rules" which doesn't necessarily imply any NCAA infraction.

Some of you guys who don't post much seem a little anxious to make this into something before anybody really knows what's happened.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

That makes no sense to me. If Braxton Miller was indefinitely suspended tomorrow every rational OSU would be concerned.

Worst case scenario for the remaining 8 games to me (realistically) - we go 7-1 to finish 11-1 and end up in a BCS bowl. Maybe we go 11-1 and then lose to UGA in the SECCG. 10-2 or worse ain't happenin'. That doesn't mean we should blow off indefinite suspensions, especially after 3 other guys have been suspended.
He's just basically making the "Serenity Prayer" point. We can't do anything about it; we aren't personally affected by it; so there's no need for us to get out of shape about it or lambast the integrity/ focus of one of our players.

btw, I agree with your worst case scenario. Even if HCD never plays, we still are in for a great season. Lets enjoy it.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Just scanned through the thread and it seems these discussions bring out a lot of posts from some long term members who don't post much otherwise..which fits the mold of rival fan posters who just like to post when they smell trouble. Typical!
I have noticed this too. Seems like a pattern in these threads and the game threads.

BamaFanTN

3rd Team
Mar 1, 2011
Melbourne, FL

And what factual information are you basing your bet on? Seems the only hint of severity is his prescence at practice. I am no expert on NCAA rules but abscence from practice would lead me down that road not the opposite.:conf2:

Dartigan

All-SEC
Sep 20, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I'm regulated to cellular internet connection, so haven't been regular as of late... but what's with all the snarky blue posts?

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA

Once you have been stung by a bee, what's the use crying about it. Is whining about it going to get you unstung? Get over it and move on.

We, the fans, can whine about it or we can say we are disappointed but support the staff, the players, and the individual and move on.

Ha Ha-learn from this and become a better person.

Coach Saban- thanks for discipline in a world of entitlement.

Isn't there a game and homecoming this weekend?

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010

coach says it is team rule violation. it is within the bama team responsibility. whatever, breaking curfew after the big rebel win, missing class, the only thing i would worry about, is if ha ha dix wants to be a high draft pick, his pesonal habits count a lot. i also think collins can step in like lindsay did and do the job. he is a physical safety with speed, like to see more of him, and the next few games is a great opportunity.

CrimsonGlory

3rd Team
Jan 28, 2002
Atlanta, GA

I haven't posted/participated on here in a really long time, but it's refreshing to see how consistent the moderators have been over the years. I have no doubt the truth will eventually come out...really not interested in any rumors.

Good news is that Collins is a stud and we'll cross our fingers that Ha Ha is back in time for Arkansas.

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com

It really amazes me that Coach Saban announced the suspension this afternoon and specifically stated that the details would not be forthcoming, as is standard practice. Yet, before the reporters could even get on twitter on whatever medium they use, the insane asylum known as ITAT has all the details and even news that as many as 10 players are invoolved. Alternately, Bama will get the death penalty or Slive and Emmert will rush to cover it up and it'll be business as usual.

What's even more amazing is how quickly their insanity makes it back to Tidefans and other Bama forums and is toted as gospel.

I like reading ITAT on occasion when things aren't going well for auburn because it has a certain entertainment value. It's important to remember though, that the average age of posters there is probably around 14 and the average IQ is slightly lower.

This latest development may or may not be very bad news. Regardless, the sun is going to shine tomorrow, the games will be played on Saturday, and it will have no effect on how long the government shutdown continues. I think I'll just have a cold Bud Light and rewatch the Alabama beatdown of Notre Dame.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

I'm regulated to cellular internet connection, so haven't been regular as of late... but what's with all the snarky blue posts?
A decree came down that we would use BLUE to denote sarcasm.

runtheoption beat me to it. I don't think as quickly as he does and my typing is kinda slow too.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Have our fans always been this bipolar, or is this a recent development?
It's always there - you just see it quicker since the invention of the Internet and the fact nobody has to have a license to post any insane thing they want. (The Flat Earth Society has a website for Pete's sake).

Yes - this has always been the case at least since the late 1970s when my fandom began. You'd have to ask Earle or GrayTide or somebody about years prior.

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett

He's just basically making the "Serenity Prayer" point. We can't do anything about it; we aren't personally affected by it; so there's no need for us to get out of shape about it or lambast the integrity/ focus of one of our players.

btw, I agree with your worst case scenario. Even if HCD never plays, we still are in for a great season. Lets enjoy it.
Thats a bit of a cop out to me. Why talk about anything to do with the team then? If I had to bet I'd say HaHa did something minor. It seems Saban suspends everyone indefinitely until they go through whatever it is he has them do. I bet he'll be back for UT. I'm not saying HaHa is a bad guy or anything like that, but clearly something "bad" happened. Not "Rob a bunch of people at gun point" bad, but worse than "forgot to jam the WR at the line" bad.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

Blah blah blah. Something something. Verbage, etc.

I have now become a part of whatever this is and can perhaps claim "I told you so" sometime in the future.:biggrin:

Oh yeah, suspensions are not good and not being suspended is good. :biggrin2:

:biga: RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.