Bob Stoops Is At It Again (Hacks On The SEC Defenses)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
Haha, we haven't even played OU under CNS and he's already processed...
Nah...

Apparently Little Game Bob has a near terminal case of jealousy towards the SEC as a conference and Coach Saban as a coach.

Deep down he knows the differences and it really rankles him that even against lesser competition, he can't hope to compare to what Coach Saban is doing against the best competition in the land.

Guess he's never gotten over Coach Saban and LSU shutting down his record setting offense in the BCSCG, holding them to 14 points after averaging about 50 per game in the regular season.
He just avoided the rush and got processed early

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Imagine how Stoops would sound AFTER a CNS beatdown if this is how whiny he is BEFORE. Methinks an epic meltdown would follow.

tnbamaman

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2012
I really was hoping to get Oregon or OSU in the BCSNC, but the more this guy runs his mouth the more I would like to see him get processed instead of Urban or that guy at Oregon.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
When the last game you played vs an SEC team you lost 41-13, you should just shut up. If your team gave up 41 in a bowl game, you should be worried about your teams defense, not the defenses in another conference.

Sagamore Bill

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Oklahoma
You have to realize that here in big12(-2) country they look on Tx A & M as still theirs. The line goes something like "Well they've (A & M) only been in that conference one year, they're just showing the SEC what we've known all along...it isn't the SEC defense, it's a lack of good offenses."

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
We'll see if they can hang more points on Ol' Shaggy than Ol' Sis did.

But, as to your point...........no, I haven't seen them. And don't regret it. (Next weekend will be a zoo...................glad I have moved far enough north of Dallas to not have to put up with Bevo U or Zero U.)

wishbonesooner

1st Team
Jun 26, 2001
Shawnee, OK USA
I think you folks know I haven't been a huge Stoops fan lately. He got asked a question about the SEC, he answered. As much as I don't like the way we've played lately, I hate more than that milk toast answers most coaches give. It's not like he called a presser to talk about the SEC. Whole bunch about nothin.
Stoops is recruiting just like Saban. No matter how good you guys are, if you're expecting any coach to kiss SEC butt when asked on a radio show, it won't happen.

Last edited:

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
I think you folks know I haven't been a huge Stoops fan lately. He got asked a question about the SEC, he answered. As much as I don't like the way we've played lately, I hate more than that milk toast answers most coaches give. It's not like he called a presser to talk about the SEC. Whole bunch about nothin.
Stoops is recruiting just like Saban. No matter how good you guys are, if you're expecting any coach to kiss SEC butt when asked on a radio show, it won't happen.
Truth.....good point.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Sorry, this is not true. You might want to check what Meyer has said when asked about the SEC and how far the B1G has to go to compete with the SEC for championships.

Not everyone does this, and even if they did, it wouldn't be less wrong.

You do not lift yourself up by tearing others down. Period.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
What cracks me up about all this is that Stoops was Spurrier's DC at Florida, so he's basically saying "You know the job I did that qualified me for where I am now? It's really nothing special."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.