TX-Iowa State ending and Paul Roads rant

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
He should have been ranting about his defense giving up a hail-mary touchdown pass just before halftime. ISU had their chances and blew it.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Does anyone know if replay officials listen to the audio while reviewing the play? If so they blew that one... On the next play Gray fumbled again and I thought he actually recovered that one on the goal line for a touchdown. Anyone notice that? I felt like replay blew 2 in a row actually...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He should have been ranting about his defense giving up a hail-mary touchdown pass just before halftime. ISU had their chances and blew it.
The officials' poor performance isn't excused because Iowa State made some poor defensive plays.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
It will interesting to see what the Big 12 official group have to say regarding this. The comment above about the "hail mary" is spot on, but this is no doubt the turning point in the game. I do not believe Mack will have that much luck against the Sooners.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Wow! Good for him, I love his passion for his team.

This has got to be the worst year of officiating yet. Are they just getting lazy with their calls?

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I appreciate coach Rhodes passion for his team, but let's face it, had Iowa St not given Texas 50 yards in penalties, they wouldn't have been in that position. The call was bad and wrong, but your own team must take some of the blame for being in that position to begin with.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
it was a good back and forth game ruined by a terrible no call fumble at the end. Refs might get suspended for this but how does that help anyone? Texas still gets a win they didn't deserve and Iowa State still gets a loss, they do not deserve (and for a team like Iowa State a win they really needed).

and Mack actually wants us to believe that his player wasn't trying to take out the knees of the guy who had shut him down most of the night?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I appreciate coach Rhodes passion for his team, but let's face it, had Iowa St not given Texas 50 yards in penalties, they wouldn't have been in that position. The call was bad and wrong, but your own team must take some of the blame for being in that position to begin with.
On the second PI call, the ref didn't flag the RT for mauling the d-lineman. Again, Iowa State is in position to win the game, but the officials blow a call. ISU's poor defensive performance doesn't allow the officials to make a horrible call on an obvious play.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Wow, that is the definition of cheap shot. I didn't watch the game. Was DB hurt?

actually no he wasn't but ISU did have other DB's hurt throughout the game so to me this was the TX WR trying to gain a further advantage by taking out his competition

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.