Gameday Unofficial Parking Spots

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

ingramheisman

Oct 17, 2010
I'm heading back to Tuscaloosa for my first game in over seven years & bringing my children for their first game. I've reviewed the parking info on uagameday.com but was curious about other options.

My question is, are there any unofficial parking spots, such as churches, that are close to the stadium that you'd recommend?

Thanks and Roll Tide!

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Parking at the mall and taking the bus will set you back $10 per person. I did that last year and it was a mess - it took over an hour just to get on a bus after the game, plus traffic took another half hour. In all it took over 90 minutes just to get to our car. Parking at a church will probably be $20. There are several churches that are a short walk to the stadium.

I park a car the night before at a church and then have someone drop us off by the quad. That way it's free and we have a quick walk back to our car.

Titans&Tide

1st Team
Jul 22, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL USA
www.kornegay.us
It has gotten to the point that most of the fairly close parking is pre-sold. For example, our Boy Scouts work the lot at St. Francis Church, but the spots are sold on a season-pass basis.

If you don't want to use "official" lots but be the same distance away, the Boy Scouts have a lot at the Alabama Credit Union that is $30. If you go up closer to DCH, the price drops to $20. We sincerely appreciate your support of Scouting. :D

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
The Boy Scouts run several lots if you go down Bryant Drive. They range from $ 20 to $ 30. It is a bit of a walk but never any issues.

tmv85

All-SEC
Has anyone tried the downtown parking deck?
We parked there for the A&M game, and it was great. We did head out of the stadium a few minutes early, so we didn't have a huge wait for the trolley back.

Last weekend, we planned to park there again, but we found a space right off University just up from the deck. We still bought a round-trip ticket for the trolley, but we ended up not using the ticket for the trip back. The line was FOREVER long for the trolley, so we walked. It was about a 20 minute walk, so it wasn't too bad.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
We recommend the municipal parking garage - if you don't mind the walk. Entrance is on 7th street, just east of 23rd Ave. They say there are shuttle busses, but we've never seen one - we get there early in the day and just walk. It's free, covered, and has restrooms.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
been a long time since I've been to a game, what happened to parking in students yards on 12th and 13th streets? My wife and I used to make a good deal of extra cash on game weekends selling the yard. Anyone do that anymore?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
We parked at one of the student houses last week. It was only $15 and we were pretty close to the stadium. You will have plenty of options, just bring cash. Anything over $20 is a rip off.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
been a long time since I've been to a game, what happened to parking in students yards on 12th and 13th streets? My wife and I used to make a good deal of extra cash on game weekends selling the yard. Anyone do that anymore?
Tuscaloosa made that illegal. I'm sure with the guidance of the group who is now in charge of gameday operations.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Tuscaloosa made that illegal. I'm sure with the guidance of the group who is now in charge of gameday operations.
When did they do that? We parked in a yard on 8th St just west of Gene Stallings Blvd, a quick 3 1/2 block walk to the stadium and 3 blocks to the strip. IIRC it was $40. (And IMO well worth it...)

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Not enforced in the student housing zones - but they are tearing the old houses down every year and putting up either big apartments or those big quad-plexes. I guess some of those places need to go and you have to find a place for more & more students to live every year- but I kinda miss those old places.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
When did they do that? We parked in a yard on 8th St just west of Gene Stallings Blvd, a quick 3 1/2 block walk to the stadium and 3 blocks to the strip. IIRC it was $40. (And IMO well worth it...)
I thought the city council passed a resolution a couple years ago that made it illegal to park in someone's yard for games. A lot of the students were fussing because they made quite a bit of cash off gamedays. Now y'all are making me question myself....again.

bamafan76

1st Team
Sep 19, 2004
Kenner, LA
Has anyone tried the downtown parking deck?
Best option IMO. I've used it the last 2 years, the deck fills up quick, but I've always found a spot around the deck for free, bought the round trip ticket for each of us and took the ride. The line is sometimes long after the game but I've never waited more than 20 minutes to catch a shuttle as they are many running after the game. It also saves my 7 year old from having to walk a long one after the game in which he is usually tired.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.