What's The Deal With Chris Black?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Black, IMO, has worked himself into the starting rotation. Maybe not a starter but in the rotation. He's obviously a talent you can't keep off the field. It could be argued that he's shown more after the catch than just about anybody else in the rotation. (And there are some who can also do a lot with it.) I now understand why he was ahead of just about all the WRs until he hurt his shoulder...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I guess after watching Chris today, it becomes obvious why I started the thread. As Coach Bryant used to say, "He's quicker than a hiccup". There's a ton of wide receivers who have incredible ability on our team. I think it's time to work Black into that mix. He can be a difference maker in much bigger games than today.sip

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I think this will help him get into the rotation more. Kid is very elusive and much needed gamebreaker. I've always been high on him. If he wouldn't have gotten hurt last year he is probably a starter now.

JBama why you terrified to fly? I LOVE it! Just like sitting in a car riding.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Some reporter asked Coach Saban the same question. Here's his answer:

“I think first of all you got to start off with me asking you a question,” Saban said. “Who do you want to take off the field? You want to take Amari Cooper off? Do you want to take Christion Jones off? You want to take Dee White off? You want to take Kenny Bell off? You want to take Kevin Norwood off? Cause they have a lot of experience and they have good karma with the quarterback and I think all those young guys have to develop that.”

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
It is hard to ever even think about second guessing CNS, but this might be one of those isolated cases. Black showed today why he has to get a couple touches a game. His speed alone in space could create an explosive play. I think after today he at least worked his way in to the starting WR rotation. Not taking anything away from all our other talent at the position, but a couple meaningful plays a game can't hurt...

Some reporter asked Coach Saban the same question. Here's his answer:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
If you want to think really unappetizing and inedible, try ordering a gluten free meal on an airliner...
I pretty much have developed a taste for cardboard or other tasteless things since 1996. (GF)
Now I'm pleasantly surprised when I find things I can eat that taste great.
(I just haven't found any on any airplanes...)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I pretty much have developed a taste for cardboard or other tasteless things since 1996. (GF)
Now I'm pleasantly surprised when I find things I can eat that taste great.
(I just haven't found any on any airplanes...)
I quite agree. The landscape has changed just in the last few years. Even Buffalo Wild Wings "traditional," and all of their sauces, except for three are. Of course, everything's pretty bad on a plane, but the GF is the worst yet. GF has become a bandwagon, and there are a lot of people on the diet who don't need to be, but that's fine with me, since it just gives us more choices. One problem, however, is that ethanol has caused corn to be more expensive than wheat as a thickener. The regulation they passed last year, where a product has to list allergens and wheat can't hide under "modified food starch," has helped greatly. There's a GF bakery here in HSV that makes delicious GF biscuits, which I never thought I'd eat again...

Crimson Hawk

Hall of Fame
Dec 16, 2001
North Alabama
I agree that Black is too good to keep off the field. I would also think there is a sense of urgency to play this year while AJ is still here to throw the ball.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.