Jan 28, 2005
[/QUOTE]

... shouldn't this have been called the *Allstate Good Hand Play* ... :wink:

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Agreed - The Falcons just plain stink up Julio's laundry :biggrin2:
They have stunk it up and had poor coaching decisions. You get stopped at the goalline, get another chance to add points, and don't get a FG but get stopped again.

BTW, they lost by 2. Think that FG before the half would have helped?

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I gotta go with Julio. DeAndrew's was more spectacular and the result was 6 points but Julio caught his with one of the best NFL DB's draped on his back and basicaly hand cuffed while on the down fall. Took more shear strength, concentration and determination to achieve that.

RTR!!!

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I gotta go with Julio. DeAndrew's was more spectacular and the result was 6 points but Julio caught his with one of the best NFL DB's draped on his back and basicaly hand cuffed while on the down fall. Took more shear strength, concentration and determination to achieve that.

RTR!!!
I agree. Julio's catch was entirely one-handed/armed.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't really care about either team in last night's game, but the Jets were allowed to hold and grab the Falcons receivers all night long. There was both defensive holding and pass interference on every single play. That wasn't football - it was a wrestling match. Julio could have had another 100 yards receiving and 2 TDs if not for that stuff. Ugly.

And Gruden kept saying that he was glad that they were just "letting them play". Idiot.

As for the catches - White's was more difficult, but Julio was being mugged. I call it a draw.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I don't really care about either team in last night's game, but the Jets were allowed to hold and grab the Falcons receivers all night long. There was both defensive holding and pass interference on every single play. That wasn't football - it was a wrestling match.
Actually, that is football so color me an idiot as well. The way the rules overly advantage offenses today is not football in my opinion.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Actually, that is football so color me an idiot as well. The way the rules overly advantage offenses today is not football in my opinion.
Okay, you are an idiot. ;)

Seriously, did you watch the game? Did you see how the Jets grabbed and held receivers all the way down the field? That has never been within the rules. This has nothing to do with th rules changes that none of us like.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Only saw a few minutes of the Falcons game (all I could stand), but I saw lots of holding, as well. Gruden liked it; I thought the calls were pretty one-sided.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Okay, you are an idiot. ;)

Seriously, did you watch the game? Did you see how the Jets grabbed and held receivers all the way down the field? That has never been within the rules. This has nothing to do with the rules changes that none of us like.
Yes, I watched the entire game. I did note that the Jets were flagged with a crucial PI call at the end of the game (double-team contact with Gonzalez beyond 5 yards I believe) which ultimately resulted in the Falcons final touchdown. I think if you review a history of rules changes, you'll note that contact with receivers has been restricted more and more over the years to increase the action/tempo of the game (i.e. scoring).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.