SI: Even the messes are bigger in Texas

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I actually love to hear them say these excuses. After all these years, they are still burned by that BCS game. Sweet Justice. :)

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
I have to agree that if Colt hadn't gotten hurt, the Longhorns would have beaten us silly. You must remember that he was seeing everything that our defense was doing. He knew exactly what we were going to do before we did it. Our defensive mind trust was powerless to confound the Oracle of Austin, the seer of all disguised coverage packages. It's obvious from Colt's limited time on the field that our entire defensive strategy was compromised and we were floundering on the precipice of defeat.

Just look at what Colt did in the 2 minutes and 7 seconds that he was in the game. He was 2 of 2 for 9 yards. That's 4.5 yards per attempt. If you assume that Texas holds the ball for about the same amount of time in that game as we do (split 30 minutes apiece) and you extrapolate those numbers, he would have been 28 of 28 for 126 yards. There's no way that our secondary could have withstood such an aerial assault like that.

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com
It seems Texas has taken the art of being processed by Nick Saban to another level. Most programs are content with their football program being decimated by the process. But Texas, because everthing is bigger in Texas, had their football, basketball and baseball teams processed.

Those Texans! They sure know how to be bigger than everyone else!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
DeLoss Dodds:
If Colt hadn't got hurt we'd have won a second national title in five years.

Bama Nation:
So?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It seems Texas has taken the art of being processed by Nick Saban to another level. Most programs are content with their football program being decimated by the process. But Texas, because everthing is bigger in Texas, had their football, basketball and baseball teams processed.

Those Texans! They sure know how to be bigger than everyone else!
In their own minds all Texas Fans think they should be the best football program in the game, but, they want that prestige without having to actually earn it, their sense of "entitlement" is sickening, and it's absolutely killing them Bama is "King Of The Hill" & there isn't a damn thing they can do about it..

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
you know, I have heard that whole "Colt knew exactly what Alabama was doing. He Figured it out"

If this were all true, why didn't he tell his backup?

BamaBeta

All-SEC
Sep 18, 2008
Atlanta
I have to agree that if Colt hadn't gotten hurt, the Longhorns would have beaten us silly. You must remember that he was seeing everything that our defense was doing. He knew exactly what we were going to do before we did it. Our defensive mind trust was powerless to confound the Oracle of Austin, the seer of all disguised coverage packages. It's obvious from Colt's limited time on the field that our entire defensive strategy was compromised and we were floundering on the precipice of defeat.

Just look at what Colt did in the 2 minutes and 7 seconds that he was in the game. He was 2 of 2 for 9 yards. That's 4.5 yards per attempt. If you assume that Texas holds the ball for about the same amount of time in that game as we do (split 30 minutes apiece) and you extrapolate those numbers, he would have been 28 of 28 for 126 yards. There's no way that our secondary could have withstood such an aerial assault like that.
Haha! Sarcasm AND relevant username.

harleyspoon

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 12, 2012
I always felt like Texas was toxic to other teams in their conference. They're a conference killer, and basically ran off Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, Arkansas, and Texas A&M to name a few. Mind you, they didn't run them off by beating them too much, they ran them off by being insufferable.

But, the truth is Texas is toxic period. They're toxic to themselves. They have a massive state, they have the most D1 recruits, they have the most money, and yet their performance is never up to those standards.
I hope y'all remember this in five to ten years when they come knocking on the SEC's door. Interesting tidbit, second highest television ratings for A&M games this year (amongst the metropolitan areas) is Austin....including the Bama game. I think only Birmingham beat Austin for that game.

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
I don't doubt whether or not Colt was hurt.

My question is why would you run your star QB up the middle against Bama's defense? What boneheaded coach called the play?

Marcel Dareus injured Colt and returned an interception for a TD before the half. In less than one half, he destroyed Texas football, if you accept Dodds theory.
Not a bone headed call by the coach. The edge was sealed so Colt cut back inside instead of going straight up the field. All he did was run back into the teeth of the defense. Dumb decision making by Colt.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
you know, I have heard that whole "Colt knew exactly what Alabama was doing. He Figured it out"

If this were all true, why didn't he tell his backup?
Because, as the seer, the vision was from Colt's perspective and it isn't easy to translate it to the perspective of the non-seer.

It's like when you were growing up and your dad was fixing the car and he says, "Son, hand me that wrench right there." You look at the pile of fifty wrenches and, with trepidation, ask "which one?".

"THAT ONE RIGHT THERE" your dad exclaims, forcefully pointing at this wrench pile that is twenty feet away. From his perspective, he's pointing directly at the one he wants. From your perspective, near the pile, he's pointing in just a general direction toward the pile. You quickly attempt to visualize a laser coming out of his pointing finger and then determine where it would strike the pile. Target acquired. You pick up the wrench which the virtual laser hit and start walking toward your father.

"NEVERMIND. I'LL GET IT MYSELF. HOW HARD IS IT TO GET A WRENCH?"

If what he needed resided in the magical kingdom that was just beyond the land of "Yonder", you could definitely hang it up. I never found anything that was "over yonder". :biggrin:

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL

He passed for nine yards?? Well, that makes a big difference. All this time I thought it was 8.

dave12

All-SEC
Dec 14, 2002
hueytown, al. usa
They started falling apart after getting drilled by Bama in the Championship game. As CNS famously said, make there ... quit. And they did.:biggrin2:

RTR:biga2:

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I hate to bring up something that may get this moved to Non-Sports, but I think it bears mention. Did they actually go away from saying "Red River Shootout" and calling it "Red River Rivalry" instead?

If so, it's no wonder they seem to have lost their cojones.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.