ut and va tech agree to play at Bristol in 2016

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
I thought that, but then realized it's impossible. Pat Dye would say it was totally unfair that Auburn couldn't get as many fans there as Bama.

I'd love to see a Bama-UGA game there, and go be part of a 200,000 fan record.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
160,000 for VT, Tenn? Yeah right. That is pretty much a sold out home game for both teams, and Tenn isn't exactly on tract for an NC run anytime soon.

Also, would the fist row not be about 100yds from the sideline?

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
160,000 for VT, Tenn? Yeah right. That is pretty much a sold out home game for both teams, and Tenn isn't exactly on tract for an NC run anytime soon.

Also, would the fist row not be about 100yds from the sideline?
The novelty like the other poster said plus the fact that it is in the middle of the fan base for both schools. I wonder if it would be a day game or would they light the infield.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
I have a solution to the attendance and field distance problems. Hold a NASCAR race and a football game at the same time!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The experience will be similar to watching a hockey game on a football field - most people will be too far removed to be able to follow the ball. The only answer is huge game monitors, which will simulate watching the game on your phone. It might produce a really fun atmosphere, but fans who want to watch the game and are in the stands will probably be disappointed with the "view".

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
How many here have been to Bristol? Just wondering, the track is a 1/2 mile oval and stands make a bowl similar to any stadium. Description of hockey game in a football field is fairly accurate but not that far away. It would be a pretty fun time. Will they sell beer? Talladega, no way, 2.66 mile track and stands outside of that. The stands have a capacity of 175,000 and you would need a large pair of binoculars to see. If anyone attends the race at Talladega, I'll be on the infield on the 17th - 21st in spot Red 508. Stop in for a cold one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.