Game Thread: OR vs WA - (was 'are you going to be watching the OR/WA game?')

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: Are you going to be watching the OR/WA game?

This is your chance to catch a full Oregon game.
I have a Huskies fan from Eugene visiting me this week, so we'll be tuning it in and out among many games today. His take is that it will be a step forward if Washington can simply make a game of it. If the Huskies were to win out except for today, that would be a major stride forward from an 0 for the year record five years ago.

I expect Oregon to win, but I also expect Washington to not be 28 points down at halftime. I think Oregon will have a tougher time than if the Huskies had WON last week.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

There's a pretty good slate of SEC games, plus I live in texas so it's the red river rivalry shoot out. I think Wash is a bit overrated (they're good but not a top 15 team). I'm really looking forward to Oregon vs Stanford. Whoever wins that earns a trip to Pasadena, regardless of whether Ohio state or Louisville is undefeated.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK

I'll watch but I don't expect it to be close. Washington just matched up with what Stanford likes to do. Washington doesn't match up well with Oregon at all. I believe this will be over by mid 3rd quarter. Here's to hoping I'm wrong, though. I'd rather see a tight game where Oregon gets tested.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006

Not intentionally. Several other games would have to become a bore to cause me to switch over to that game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I will record the game and watch it over the course of the next week or so. Unfortunately I am going to miss all of the games today - might get to catch some of the night games.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

Yes. I enjoy watching Oregon play, but they do scare me a bit to be honest... Not every year but definitely this year. The combination of their offense and our defense is what concerns me. It's good that if we do play them it will be at the end of the year, and I expect our defense to get better and better as the year goes on.

Last edited:

CrimsonblakeII

Scout Team
Feb 19, 2012
Seattle, WA

Pretty hard for me not to watch it up here in Seattle. I just moved up here a couple months ago, i'm pretty surprised at how die-hard these Udub fans

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.