'If Colt hadn't got hurt' is now in the official sports lexicon

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
Probably an unpopular opinion, but the game would have been a whole lot more different if colt didn't get hurt. I mean their backup did well against us. Doesn't matter though, we won and that's all that matters

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I honestly think Texas has gone from just being "Processed", to we stole their "Man-Hood" in that NC Game, and I've lost what lil bit of respect I ever had for Texas, cause they've been reduced to being the Bobby Boucher of college football MaMa..But..I don't think Texas has what it will take to "Open Up That Can Of You Know What" like Booby Boucher was able to do & regain their "Man-Hood" we took from them in the NC Game..It 's sad this is what Texas Football as been reduced down to..

Last edited:

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Injuries are part of the game (as we know all too well this season). If injuries could be eliminated like on a video game perhaps we have a better second half in Oxford. Depth is an important part as well. Gotta roll with what comes your way at gametime.

fundytide

1st Team
Oct 22, 1999
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Well, Colt wouldn't have gotten hurt if Texas had, you know, like a real RB. Not very smart of UT to run skinny boy McCoy into a grown man defense like Bama's. Colt's lucky he kept his arm.

So, you know, if Texas had a RB, maybe Colt wouldn't have gotten hurt. But they didn't. So he did. And Bama won the game.

crimsonseal12

3rd Team
Aug 10, 2011
Gulfport, Ms
and if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt everytime he jumped
IF AND BUTTS were candy and nuts we would all have a merry ________(inject your own adjective there) christmas
If my name was Bill Gates, I wouldn't be at work right now.

ya'll get the picture, put it is funny how people think LMAO!

ROLLTIDEROLL!

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I ran into some Texas fans in a business setting (my office) a week or so before the championship game. A couple of guys from Dallas made a business call on me. One of them upon discovering I was a Bama fan was particularly shrill, attacking everything from Saban's integrity to the "shoddy" SEC referees and claimed he had a Bama fan in his office who weighed 300 pounds and went around the office hooting and hollering about how great Bama was and getting in everyone's face. He asked me if I was "one of those." It had been a very, very long time since I'd wanted to come across someone over the desk.

So it's not Colt McCoy that "if Colt hadn't got hurt" is the subject of this ridicule, it's that pathetic, delusional fan base. "Colt" is just the subject line. :)

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I guess when he gets hurt in Washington and they have to go back to RGIII, Redskins will have a ready made excuse for their failure.

He lost the job in Cleveland to Brandon Weedon.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
I ran into some Texas fans in a business setting (my office) a week or so before the championship game. A couple of guys from Dallas made a business call on me. One of them upon discovering I was a Bama fan was particularly shrill, attacking everything from Saban's integrity to the "shoddy" SEC referees and claimed he had a Bama fan in his office who weighed 300 pounds and went around the office hooting and hollering about how great Bama was and getting in everyone's face. He asked me if I was "one of those." It had been a very, very long time since I'd wanted to come across someone over the desk.

So it's not Colt McCoy that "if Colt hadn't got hurt" is the subject of this ridicule, it's that pathetic, delusional fan base. "Colt" is just the subject line. :)
You can always ask why they have tried so hard for so long to get Coach Saban to move to Texas.

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
GMac was playing with broken ribs and couldn't make a lot of the throws he normally makes. Our passing game was severely compromised because of it. Julio, as per usual, was hobbled, and I don't think Maze was one hundred percent either. Also, when they were making their comeback in the third, Ingram was out and our defense got tired. Before Ingram went out, they hadn't stopped our running game. Their "comeback" basically amounted to two big plays by Shipley against a tired defense.

And one last thing, they never explained Colt's injury. Never gave it a name or anything. I'm not saying he could've come back in, it just seems strange that they never gave any Medical details to his injury whatsoever. The story has always been simply "he hurt his shoulder."

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
GMac was playing with broken ribs and couldn't make a lot of the throws he normally makes. Our passing game was severely compromised because of it. Julio, as per usual, was hobbled, and I don't think Maze was one hundred percent either. Also, when they were making their comeback in the third, Ingram was out and our defense got tired. Before Ingram went out, they hadn't stopped our running game. Their "comeback" basically amounted to two big plays by Shipley against a tired defense.

And one last thing, they never explained Colt's injury. Never gave it a name or anything. I'm not saying he could've come back in, it just seems strange that they never gave any Medical details to his injury whatsoever. The story has always been simply "he hurt his shoulder."
I thought it was known as little pony syndrome.

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
I remember after that game a Texas fan I know told me that Texas was shredding our defense before he got hurt and basically they were on the verge of blowing the doors off of us. If I recall, they picked up a couple of first downs. :rolleye2: My only response was did Colt play defense and why UT's top ranked rushing defense allowed TWO one hundred yard rushers. He shut up and has never said anything to me about it since.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.