Kenyan Drake's Explosiveness

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I have had the pleasure of watching Alabama football for the better part of 30 years, I can't recalled a Bama RB as explosive as he is in the backfield.
Drake looks like he is shot out of a cannon. he hits the gaps or holes so quickly that he is in the second level before you know it. not too mentioned, he appears to go the distance with every touch!! Scary...

man, the guy is fun and exciting to watch. he also has some nice catches in space. we should put him in the slot with his speed.

got to love the Drake!! :wink:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Bobby Humphrey and Tony Nathan would be the closest I can recall, both pretty fair runners in their day. I do like Drake a lot he is a great change of pace and backup for TJ.

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
Something about Georgia and RB's, like South Florida and Receiver's. Many scouts are taking notice of Drake and believe he is faster to the hole than any of our backs.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Many, if not all, Bama fans laughed at Matt Millen for saying Kenyan is better than TJ. I started wondering last night if TJ benefited from going through spring camp last year while Kenyan didn't arrive until the summer. Each guy is better at different things. Just wonder if we would have seen Kenyan more in 2012 if he and TJ had the same amount of practice.

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
Many, if not all, Bama fans laughed at Matt Millen for saying Kenyan is better than TJ. I started wondering last night if TJ benefited from going through spring camp last year while Kenyan didn't arrive until the summer. Each guy is better at different things. Just wonder if we would have seen Kenyan more in 2012 if he and TJ had the same amount of practice.
That a good question, along with the dog house. All I know is that most fans I know knew that he was really good, kind of a secret that would produce when given the opportunity. We have seen it coming.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I was one of those people, but it does make you think now. It is a good problem to have though.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
My brother and I were talking about KD last night. We're both of the impression that with more weight and better blocking technique we expect to see the game reps match that of TJY.

RTR!!!

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Drake's speed is an asset so long as the OL blocks well like yesterday night. If he gets past the LOS then every run is potentially a big gainer.

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
Drake has that sudden speed. He kicks it in quicker than TJ. TJ is better between the tackles which is why he's number 1. Drake is that in space back we need. Glad to know he's number 2/1...

Sent from my iPhone
Yes, Drake is the best from point A to B. I was really starting to think he was the superior back until one of TJ's late elusive runs that have been lacking some this year, running like a deer. But which strength is better? I think it's a draw and we have another Mark and Trent situation on our hands :) Both these guys are NFL backs.

Yes, Drake is the best from point A to B. I was really starting to think he was the superior back until one of TJ's late elusive runs that have been lacking some this year, running like a deer. But which strength is better? I think it's a draw and we have another Mark and Trent situation on our hands :) Both these guys are NFL backs.
Yes we do! Good problem to have. We have sured up the position now we goes a long way towards what we are trying to achieve.

He's surprised me a little though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
Yes we do! Good problem to have. We have sured up the position now we goes a long way towards what we are trying to achieve.

He's surprised me a little though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
When you have one back having one of his best career games 16 for 124, 2 TD's and a 7.6 average, and you're talking about the other guy, then things are good!

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I'm just tickled that we have established our 1 - 2 punch at RB. That has been a big part of our success since Coach Saban arrived. Doesn't hurt that our O-Line is coming together and I really like our Center and Freshman Right Guard.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
This squad is really beginning to gell. Without the drops and two turnovers (not the norm) we score 60 or 70 on UK last night. We're about to put it all together at just the right time.
Drake is a very good running back with the ability to get that much better (scary, huh?).

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
This squad is really beginning to gell. Without the drops and two turnovers (not the norm) we score 60 or 70 on UK last night. We're about to put it all together at just the right time.
Drake is a very good running back with the ability to get that much better (scary, huh?).
I agree. This game gave me a 2012 feeling,I felt we had the confidence every time we took the field we were going to score (I know it was KY but.....).

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.