So you see another team rising up to Dynasty level?

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Coming out of the ACC is going to be hard but if VT continues to improve and FSU stays strong, I think Clemson could be there. Dabo Swinney seems to be someone committed to doing things the right way. That should be no surprise though, Dabo came from UA. :)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If (IF) there is another school that has the potential (and has shown it with past history) it's got to be Florida.

They have the basic, underlying characteristics it takes, with the obvious exception, a dominant, proven coach.

When they had that in the 90's they had a remarkable run.

I've never been a WM fan, but if he ever hires an offensive coor. and/or gets the right combination of players, UF could be very, very dangerous.

Last edited:

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Once Saban is gone, hopefully not for many years, there will be opportunity. Hopefully that coach will just end up at Alabama in 15-20 years.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Once Saban is gone, hopefully not for many years, there will be opportunity. Hopefully that coach will just end up at Alabama in 15-20 years.
Agree. That new team won't come from the SEC west for a while.

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
Here is mine, since I started the thread. FSU, and for some of the same reasons that IH8Orange had listed with the Bama/ Saban pairing. From the get go, I sensed Jimbo over Muchamp as the best of coach Saban's tree. He has a solid defense, but a dangerous offense too. It is yet to be seen if a true freshman can beat a team like Clemson on the road, but I have seen enough recruiting and FSU on the field to sense that they are on a rapid incline back to top 3 status.

Interesting tidbit. Coach Saban is on Coach Parcells coaching tree through Belichick. Belichick is his father, and Parcell's the grandfather and Jimbo's great great grandfather. I remember when Parcells was briefly mentioned for our head coach, I believe during the Price hiring. Some discounted it as possible a bad fit, or unrealistic to happen, but another large group actually called him out as a head coach, like he was a washed up Buffoon. I'll state for the record that I would have taken a 60'ish Parcells over all of the other underwhelming candidates we had due to probation. Just look at that tree!

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
either texas once they get a new coach or usc once they get a coach and off probation.

fsu would be next choice but with bama's resurgence in florida recruiting it's pretty tough for them to outrecruit bama, barn, florida in their own state let alone throughout the south.

texas probably needs sumlin to move on and again be the big boss and they can dominate the b12. sc can't do a whole lot with their current schollie situation and maybe too big of a hill to climb once they get back on level ground with ucla's emergence plus the duck dynasty (or so called) at same time.

don't see any legit teams up my way. population drops in the rust belt have sapped the region of a lot of top talent and there's simply not enough players within 300 miles of any school to sustain a program over a 6-7 year period like we have going right now

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
To be a dynasty I think you have to have a run of national titles. I don't think any team in the modern era will even come close to what Bama is doing or has done.

Stonewall1959

2nd Team
Oct 5, 2005
Macon, Georgia
Coming out of the ACC is going to be hard but if VT continues to improve and FSU stays strong, I think Clemson could be there. Dabo Swinney seems to be someone committed to doing things the right way. That should be no surprise though, Dabo came from UA. :)
reading this thread, I've been thinking the same thing. Looks to me like Dabo is doing all the right things @ Clemson and having increasing successes as a result.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I wouldn't have minded Parcell's becoming our HC at the time, he would've been a better choice than fRan, Price, & Shula if ya ask me..He would've brought instant NFL credibility back to Bama, and I think he would do great recruiting, he would have been a great choice or I should say a better choice than what we had before Coach Saban came to Bama..JMHO..

Here is mine, since I started the thread. FSU, and for some of the same reasons that IH8Orange had listed with the Bama/ Saban pairing. From the get go, I sensed Jimbo over Muchamp as the best of coach Saban's tree. He has a solid defense, but a dangerous offense too. It is yet to be seen if a true freshman can beat a team like Clemson on the road, but I have seen enough recruiting and FSU on the field to sense that they are on a rapid incline back to top 3 status.

Interesting tidbit. Coach Saban is on Coach Parcells coaching tree through Belichick. Belichick is his father, and Parcell's the grandfather and Jimbo's great great grandfather. I remember when Parcells was briefly mentioned for our head coach, I believe during the Price hiring. Some discounted it as possible a bad fit, or unrealistic to happen, but another large group actually called him out as a head coach, like he was a washed up Buffoon. I'll state for the record that I would have taken a 60'ish Parcells over all of the other underwhelming candidates we had due to probation. Just look at that tree!

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
You make a valid point..Texas produces a lot of talent, Texas & Texas A&M, will always have 1st picking of the best of the best that the state produces just cause most recruits wanna stay close to home if possible..Schools like Bama & Oregon will always cherry pick some of that talent, cause there's only so many kids both schools can take, and Bama & Oregon both have the swag & history of producing NFL talent for those that attend either schools....
I feel and will always feel that Texas talent is over rated.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
You won't have another dynasty ever......unfortunately, football as we know it is short-lived with probably less than 20 years left. Without getting into the politics of it....it's not the type of sport that will survive the changes we will experience.

Secondly, football is too big.....Coaches slowly have lost control, which makes what Coach is doing so much more impressive. The ability to stay on top of it long enough to become a dynasty, just won't be there.

Finally, the NFL will figure out that the College Pipeline isn't necessary (see the MLB and NBA for more details).....and will begin taking kids right out of High School, or will implement the one year rule. More Clowney and Manziel's will emerge....why risk injury in College ??

Enjoy the ride this may be the grande finale

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It will happen again. It will be a school with great tradition in an area with a solid recruiting base. And it will be a result of the arrival of a great coach who settles in for the long haul at that school.

All three are necessary. The tradition to attract the coach and keep him around. The recruiting base to attract the coach and get things started. And the coach - because the others are just clay without the hands of the sculptor to turn them into something more. AND that coach has to stay long enough (maybe the most difficult piece).

Once these things get started the recruiting becomes national, local recruiting is less critical - but it is essential at the outset.

What school will it be? Impossible to know, because it will be the result of the arrival of a head coach not yet on the scene.

Last edited:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
You won't have another dynasty ever......unfortunately, football as we know it is short-lived with probably less than 20 years left. Without getting into the politics of it....it's not the type of sport that will survive the changes we will experience.

Secondly, football is too big.....Coaches slowly have lost control, which makes what Coach is doing so much more impressive. The ability to stay on top of it long enough to become a dynasty, just won't be there.

Finally, the NFL will figure out that the College Pipeline isn't necessary (see the MLB and NBA for more details).....and will begin taking kids right out of High School, or will implement the one year rule. More Clowney and Manziel's will emerge....why risk injury in College ??

Colleges pull in way too much money to have NFL teams create "minor league" football teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama

Nah, we still have boxing and even worse, there's MMA, almost without rules.

At least in boxing they can only strike the head with a padded glove, in MMA almost anything goes, elbows, knees, feet, etc.

Comparitively speaking, CFB isn't brutal at all.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I disagree with pretty much everything in this post.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Count me in on the FSU train. Jimbo is doing good things, but Winston really is something crazy good. If anyone has a chance to pull off a dynasty (giving a two in a row NC a minor dynasty) in the near future its FSU in the next two years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.