So you see another team rising up to Dynasty level?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I put this off but I'm just going to say it and be a homer fan. The only other program that can do this right now is Oregon. We already have a shadow dynasty of 4 lesser BCS bowls, the last two which we won. And our team hasn't slowed down or skipped a step. We're getting closer to winning the big game and I see us dominating the college football landscape for several years at least.
LOL LOL

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
There are only a few teams capable of having a dynasty, and Florida is the only one that may have the ingredients right now. I think coach Saban will win 2 more NC's, and we have the core group of young players that will get at least one. No way Mikah and Humphrey, who is full of Alabama, leave the Capstone without one. No way.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
I could see OSUe making a run to be considered a dynasty. Meyer is a good coach - don't care for him but the record speaks, no in-state competition in a football state, big 10+4 is not particularly tough past two or three teams, OSUe has and will provide the needed resources . . . We'll see what happens when Harbaugh has Meeechigan rolling again. Will Urban have another health crisis?

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Florida, FSU, Clemson, Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio State, USC all have the potential. Ohio State is on the cusp, while Florida and USC are probably closer than most would want to believe.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
USC? They haven't even won their conference since 2008 and just fired their coach mid-season. They have a lot of potential, but man, they have a LONG way to go...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I didn't go back to the first of the thread so I'm not even sure if "dynasty" has been defined. I'm just going off the fact that most would consider what Bama has done under CNS a dynasty. We know we won 3 in 4 years. But in CNS's 9th season we are averaging 1 every 3 seasons.

But aside from '07, which really can't be held against him, he had us on the cusp of being in contention at the end of the season every year except two (2010 and 2013).

Now, using that criteria, I don't see anybody having a run like that except possibly OSU because of the lack of current competition in the Big 10. But to achieve this status I think they need to win at least 1 more NC and be in the playoff at least once every 2-3 years for the next several years.

Everybody else is just hoping to catch lightning in a bottle and have good season and win a championship, while catching a bunch of good breaks.

Last edited:

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
USC? They haven't even won their conference since 2008 and just fired their coach mid-season. They have a lot of potential, but man, they have a LONG way to go...
The right coach makes that a very short trip. Think of what Coach Saban could do in Year 1 at USC . . .

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I didn't go back to the first of the thread so I'm not even sure if "dynasty" has been defined. I'm just going off the fact that most would consider what Bama has done under CNS a dynasty. We know we won 3 in 4 years. But in CNS's 9th season we are averaging 1 every 3 seasons.

But aside from '07, which really can't be held against him, he had us on the cusp of being in contention at the end of the season every year except two (2010 and 2013).

Now, using that criteria, I don't see anybody having a run like that except possibly OSU because of the lack of current competition in the Big 10. But to achieve this status I think they need to win at least 1 more NC and be in the playoff at least once every 2-3 years for the next several years.

Everybody else is just hoping to catch lightning in a bottle and have good season and win a championship, while catching a bunch of good breaks.
Clemson or FSU could be right there in a weak ACC (just like OSU in the Big 10), and the talent level at USC is still head and shoulders above everyone in the PAC 12, except maybe Oregon.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Clemson or FSU could be right there in a weak ACC (just like OSU in the Big 10), and the talent level at USC is still head and shoulders above everyone in the PAC 12, except maybe Oregon.
Just winning one is just the beginning and gets you in the debate and only OSU and maybe FSU can even been in the current discussion right now.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Just winning one is just the beginning and gets you in the debate and only OSU and maybe FSU can even been in the current discussion right now.
For the purposes of this discussion, that's all that's needed.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I'm undecided on this topic in general. It seems to me that loosely throwing around the term 'dynasty' and using it to define our program is a bit on the braggadocio side.
We are very lucky to have CNS as our coach and he has done an outstanding job for the University. At the same time though, I don't think we should be going around with our chests stuck out acting like we're so much better than so many other programs and talking about which of those might ever reach the pinnacle on which we now sit.
All it would take is for certain key players to go down to injury or certain coaches to take jobs at other schools and our supposed ''dynasty'' could easily be a thing of the past.
All I'm saying is let's not be too hasty in bragging about the success our program is presently enjoying. Things can and do change quickly, and not always for the better.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm undecided on this topic in general. It seems to me that loosely throwing around the term 'dynasty' and using it to define our program is a bit on the braggadocio side.
We are very lucky to have CNS as our coach and he has done an outstanding job for the University. At the same time though, I don't think we should be going around with our chests stuck out acting like we're so much better than so many other programs and talking about which of those might ever reach the pinnacle on which we now sit.
All it would take is for certain key players to go down to injury or certain coaches to take jobs at other schools and our supposed ''dynasty'' could easily be a thing of the past.
All I'm saying is let's not be too hasty in bragging about the success our program is presently enjoying. Things can and do change quickly, and not always for the better.
Haha...it ain't braggin if you've done it.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The right coach makes that a very short trip. Think of what Coach Saban could do in Year 1 at USC . . .
I get it - lot of potential - but there are very, very, VERY few coaches like CNS (capable of proven, sustained success) - heck, even Meyer hasn't proved himself able to keep it together long enough for that consideration yet, and he has three NCs.

I personally believe that outside of Alabama and potentially OSU, no one is on the path right now. It's far more likely that we go through years without a solitary dominant team than see another dynasty begin.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I get it - lot of potential - but there are very, very, VERY few coaches like CNS (capable of proven, sustained success) - heck, even Meyer hasn't proved himself able to keep it together long enough for that consideration yet, and he has three NCs.

I personally believe that outside of Alabama and potentially OSU, no one is on the path right now. It's far more likely that we go through years without a solitary dominant team than see another dynasty begin.
Couldn't have said it better. If bama wins the talk will be the dynasty isn't dead it's actually still going. If osu wins it this year the talk will be they've started a dynasty. I don't really see any other teams remotely close.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
LSU could well end up in the Top 4 if:

ND loses to Stanford
Stanford loses to Utah
TCU beats Baylor
OU beats OSU
tOSU beats Iowa
I don't think so even then.

Clemson would get a spot
Alabama would get a spot
Ohio State would get a spot
I think Utah would probably get the final spot over LSU

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.