So you see another team rising up to Dynasty level?

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Heard someone say LSU had the best loss of any one-loss team. Thought to myself "How? They lost by 14 points, and it wasn't that close."
They say that when you lose to the eventual National Champion. .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I know it's been said 10,000 times, but nobody outside of the SEC...not even the top teams in the other conferences, would be prepared for the murderer's row that all the teams in the SEC have to face each year.

It's not just occasionally having to play Bama, LSU, Georgia or Florida that all the east and west teams have to navigate each year, but it's having to beat Georgia and A&M on the road only to turn around and play UTe on a half a tank and win with your B- game.

It's LSU having to beat UF in the east and then get beat by Bama to then have to turn around and play Arkansas, who is playing 2009 Bama football all of a sudden.

It's the cumulative effect of not having the luxury of only having to peak a time or two each year. To get thru the SEC with just one loss you'll have to peak 3-4 times a year and then be good enough to win with some B and even C grade performances.
Yet people want to act like these young college students should play 9 sec games and 3 tough ooc games while going undefeated or losing only once to have a chance to qualify for the playoff.

BamaFanTN

3rd Team
Mar 1, 2011
Melbourne, FL
On our Dynasty. I am one of those fanatical Bama fans. I started understanding football during the last 6 years of coach Bryants tenure, so Alabama was like some sort of power force that consumed me. I feel bad that my son does not share the same passion coming of age while we were on probation and weak. And if it doesn't happen by age 16, it never will imo.

One of the biggest presents from Coach Saban will be a generation or more of little kids whose 1st experience with football will be Alabama being the best. I really do believe this philosophy has merit, and there will be a gap in the number of fanatics per capita that grew up after Stallings but before Coach Saban.

Someone will remember Coach Saban like I do coach Bryant one day and will attribute coach for his over the top fanhood.

40-110 = Large per capita of fanatical fans
20-40 = Less per capita
6-20 - Higher per capita

A selection of kids 16 and under will give millions to the athletic department one day partly due to coach Saban's success when they were young fans.

Kids whose parents took them to games are exempt from this theory.
My son attended his first game in BDS and I can tell you, he is hooked like you said and for this I'm grateful! I was a freshman in college for the 92 title and that sealed the deal for me. Now he and I can share in our love for Bama!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.