So you see another team rising up to Dynasty level?

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
I don't mean this as a cliche' but for an 12 year old, we have been the best team since he remembers watching college football. Do you see a team on the rise that could have their own dynasty coming, or do you envision various teams having good years, with Bama in the mix every year having to deal with a selection committee.

I will say that I have a team that I believe could end up with a lot of success in the next 5 years, and it's not Oregon, Clemson or Ohio State. But believe Alabama will continue to be a threat every year Coach Saban is here.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Dynasty and "in the title hunt" are very different things. I don't see a team out there that will make the run Alabama has.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I t ink it's reasonable to think Texas could, especially with the playoff committee. They'll probably want conference champs, and if a good coach went there, they would own that conference.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
I don't think it's something that could really be foreseen. Even when CNS was hired no one thought a 3-peat or 4/5 was a realistic possibility. It would have to be an elite level football school with all the money, facilities, etc.....but most importantly a school that isn't a stepping stone to anywhere else. Then you need an obsessive coach who has either been to the NFL or has no desire to ever test those waters.

Being a southern school helps for a lot of reasons...but, imho, one the intangibles that Alabama has is that football means something to kids in the south. Not just their ticket out...but their venue for seeking and earning respect both from others and from within. There's something DNA-ish about the southern obsession with football. If your not from here you just won't ever truly understand it.

shottistyeti

Scout Team
Dec 10, 2006
It depends on how one defines dynasty. I can certainly envision a future in which other programs might claim that status, but without meeting the definitive standard: Alabama.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Dynasties have more to do with coaches than programs and football teams. CNS and bama just happen to be a perfect match. I don't see another coach being as obsessive as CNS b/c of how much money is involved in coaching now. When a head coach at a major program makes 3-5 million/year, is there really a big motivation to win? And then if they fire you, you get a massive payout. IOW, CNS is the last of a dying breed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk now Free

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Looking at some of the screen names on the forum (AntiAgentOrange) I take it you would not like to see Tennessee earn this distinction anytime in the future?

Lol well of course not. However, it's not just Tennessee. My anti goes against Auburn, Texas, Florida, and Oklahoma State as well. AS I often say at work, here in Norman, OK, nothing good ever comes from something orange.

I'm not a hater, though. I actually respect my fellow SEC brethren though I may make exceptions for specific coaches or others associated with the programs.

One thing that would hinder Oregon in a dynasty pursuit, since you happen to be here in the conversation, is the fact that west coast kids just have other stuff to do. I know Oregon isn't California but there's just a more diverse mindset out west, imo. In the small towns where I grew up you played football at your HS cause that's what your brothers did, it's what your daddy did and maybe a few uncles and cousins did, and it's what just about all of your buddies are currently doing. For a lot of kids it never even occurs to them that playing football is even optional.

Last edited:

TiderGreg

Suspended
Nov 27, 2006
On our Dynasty. I am one of those fanatical Bama fans. I started understanding football during the last 6 years of coach Bryants tenure, so Alabama was like some sort of power force that consumed me. I feel bad that my son does not share the same passion coming of age while we were on probation and weak. And if it doesn't happen by age 16, it never will imo.

One of the biggest presents from Coach Saban will be a generation or more of little kids whose 1st experience with football will be Alabama being the best. I really do believe this philosophy has merit, and there will be a gap in the number of fanatics per capita that grew up after Stallings but before Coach Saban.

Someone will remember Coach Saban like I do coach Bryant one day and will attribute coach for his over the top fanhood.

40-110 = Large per capita of fanatical fans
20-40 = Less per capita
6-20 - Higher per capita

A selection of kids 16 and under will give millions to the athletic department one day partly due to coach Saban's success when they were young fans.

Kids whose parents took them to games are exempt from this theory.

Last edited:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
If Coach Sumlin can ever find a D to compliment his offense at Texas A&M..The Aggies has a chance to become a "Dynasty" I would think..
Unless he can keep a steady supply of Johnny Football's, I just don't see it. Nothing about their offensive scheme impresses me if you take out Manziel's ability to make chicken salad out of chicken crap. I think they can be a contender and be really good, but nothing makes me believe they'll ever be elite for an extended period of time.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
In 2007, when Coach Saban took over, I would probably have considered anyone to be crazy if they claimed that, in this era of limited scholarships, any team could win 3 BCSNC in a 4 year period and be favored to win a 3rd consecutive.

Saban and Alabama combined to create the perfect storm:

A football coach that:

• has a reputation of producing winning teams everywhere he's been at the collegiate level
  • has a respected college and NFL pedigree
  • is recognized as a great developer of NFL-level defensive talent
  • has a lineage of his own assistant coaches that are now head coaches at top programs
  • has an unmatched work-ethic

combined with a traditional football power that:

• had fallen on hard times because of externally-imposed actions
  • is located in a fertile recruiting area
  • is located in a state that inordinately loves its football
  • has millions of fans worldwide
  • has a huge number of fans that are willing to give money to improve the program
  • has traditionally been founded on the tenets of strong defense and ball-control offense
  • was willing to provide the facilities, salaries, and resources needed to implement the vision of the AD and the coach

I think that in the end, it's Coach Saban's ability to recruit and develop top talent both in his players and his coaches that sustains his success. He makes the most of his time with those he works with and its a win-win for them all. His players are assured of being part of a championship team, many of them are able to achieve their dreams of playing in the NFL, and the experience in his program (with the personal development that he puts at a high priority) serves to give them a platform for increased success in life. His assistant and position coaches are also assured of championship experiences as part of his staff, many of them are also able to move on to better opportunities, and the experience in his program gives them a blueprint for how to improve their own performance as coaches or in any other business endeavors.

I tend to think that it will be a long time, if ever, that a coach like Nick Saban matches up with a program and the synergy has the ability to facilitate such a domination of college football like we are seeing at the moment.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.