Watching Bama in other states....

B

BamaJ

I need some help. I've got in-laws in Pennsylvania who like to keep up with Bama football and someday I myself will probably live up there with them. I'm wondering how you would go about watching some of these games living up there. Is there a Dish Network package you get or what? Any help is appreciated.

jef0071

Suspended
Dec 19, 2005
Hewitt, Texas, United States
ESPN Gameplan is an option. I live in Waco, Texas, and I usually only have issues seeing one game a year (I can order Gameplan for that game)...but we also have channels that televise the SEC Network here. I also use TideTv to listen to Eli Gold, when Sirius chooses not to broadcast the BAMA broadcast (like they did last week). I'm sure you wont have any issues with seeing BAMA games, regardless of where you live in this country...technology is awesome for us BAMA fans that arent fortunate enough to live in GOD's country

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I don't know the particulars, but there is supposed to be as SEC Network debuting next year(?).
It will probably cost you your first-born, but, that might be a deal for some:biggrin2:. Some of the more knowledgeable posters here will probably be able to enlighten you...and me, for that matter.

Roll Tide, Roll...A'ight!

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
As a general matter, you really has no concern about missing Alabama football. As prevalent as CFB is these days (and SEC football in particular), basically every game we play now is nationally televised, whether it be on CBS, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ABC, etc, all of which are readily available on just about any digital cable package. And obviously that will only get better with the debut of the SEC network next season.

At most, there are typically only one or two games per year that you might "miss" (i.e. have to stream on ESPN3, which can also easily be done through your home television with a little effort), and those games will be the bottom-feeder cupcake, PPV-type games anyway.

Bottom line: No worries, you'll get your 'Bama football fix.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
I need some help. I've got in-laws in Pennsylvania who like to keep up with Bama football and someday I myself will probably live up there with them. I'm wondering how you would go about watching some of these games living up there. Is there a Dish Network package you get or what? Any help is appreciated.
I live hopping from country to country overseas and use ESPN Player and pay for the college package to make sure I get all the ESPN related games. I find it helpful whether in Spain, Afghanistan, Bosnia or any points in between. You also get college basketball as well.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
I currently live in NH. I don't think I have missed a game in 5 years. If the games aren't on ESPN or CBS they will be online on ESPN 3.
Yeah...that is true. Though I don't know how that will change with the SEC Network, but I suppose they will be online somehow. If you want to watch the pay-per-view games without streaming it online, you will need to get Gameplan or watch it in a sports bar.

And speaking of sports bars, if you are in the Philly area there is a group of Bama fans and alumni that watches the game together.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RollTide.Phillyfans/

CrimsonblakeII

Scout Team
Feb 19, 2012
Seattle, WA
I live in Seattle and have had no problems watching all of the games minus the Georgia State game. Comcast up here doesn't cary the SEC network syndicated broadcasts. However, it was available on Watch ESPN which you can watch from your phone or laptop. if you have Directv you can't possibly miss a game. The beauty of being out of state is not having to deal with pay-per-view.

However it's possible to watch games from anywhere. I lived in New Zealand and watched them via a slingbox.

B

BamaJ

Thanks for all the feedback. I will ask one (possibly dumb) question. If a Bama game is on CBS here in Alabama, is it necessarily on the CBS station in or around Philly? Last question, I promise. Thanks again folks!

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Thanks for all the feedback. I will ask one (possibly dumb) question. If a Bama game is on CBS here in Alabama, is it necessarily on the CBS station in or around Philly? Last question, I promise. Thanks again folks!
Yes, the CBS games are nationally televised games. Unlike NFL games where it depends on the market you're in.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Yep, it will be on whatever local channel is the CBS affiliate. Ditto for ABC / Fox / NBC games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.