A crazy idea - rotate teams into different conferences for a year

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
In college football there are many teams that have never met on the field. I think it would be interesting to rotate the different teams from different conferences temporarily into other conferences for a year. For example, say there are 12 teams in your conference. Every year two of the teams in your conference are rotated into another conference for a year and play another team's schedule. Example: Oregon is rotated into the SEC for one year and assumes LSU's schedule. LSU is rotated into the PAC and assumes Oregon's. Then the second team, UCLA is rotated into the BIG10 conference and takes over Ohio State's schedule while Ohio St. is rotated into the PAC and takes UCLA's schedule. So, using 12 conference teams as the example, your team would play in another conference every 6 years. Only the major conferences would be considered, so as to avoid having vastly superior teams play in weaker conferences. Just a thought.

lelandhorne

1st Team
Sep 21, 2013
Or maybe if Oregon wants to play some good SEC teams they could try not losing for a third consecutive year to a 14 point underdog at home, just a thought.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
What... like swingers? You left coasters kill me! How about we adopt Oregon for one year in the SEC? I expect you guys would run away from home and join the circus before November though! ;)

BigGunn

1st Team
Dec 5, 2004
Pace, Florida
I wouldn't mind the SEC and PAC 12 scheduling 1 out of conference game against the other each year until we've played them all. Every PAC team home one year and every SEC team home the next. Would be good for college football, I believe. And we'd stop all this nonsense about the PAC 12 being as strong as the SEC.

oregonbltzkrieg

1st Team
Sep 17, 2013
Ducks at Warp Speed
I wouldn't mind the SEC and PAC 12 scheduling 1 out of conference game against the other each year until we've played them all. Every PAC team home one year and every SEC team home the next. Would be good for college football, I believe. And we'd stop all this nonsense about the PAC 12 being as strong as the SEC.
Agree. That's a better idea than the one I made.

lelandhorne

1st Team
Sep 21, 2013
Schedule all the SEC home games at 1pm eastern.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.