Auburn glad you're back (hopefully), the Iron Bowl wasn't the same without ya

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I will admit that it's easier to have good natured fun with their fans after they've won some this year. Last year it wasn't even fun, almost sadistic, to pick on a loser.
Actually, I had a lot of fun watching their games last year.

100%Crimson

All-SEC
Feb 4, 2004
Two teams I don't care if they ever win another game....Auburn and Tennessee. Everyone else I can muster some kindness toward...not those two.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I used to pull for the goobs whenever they didn't play Alabama. But their fans have been so far out of line since Coach Bryant died, I don't care if they EVER win another game. I don't pull against them because I'm married to an aubie. But I just don't pull for them. It doesn't bother me either way when they win or lose. I just try to stay neutral.

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I never want Auburn to win and I want every Iron Bowl to be like last year.

If Manziel doesn't get hurt, the barn loses that game. A&M was about to score a TD... JFF injured... backup QB comes in... they settle for a FG. That was the difference in the game right there. The barn luck strikes again, JFF injured just long enough to give the Aubs the win. Makes me sick!

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I was pulling for A&M to win of course because I don't want little Brother thinking they can get a seat at the big boy's table. But, the only way I can explain it:

Bama played them early with Johnny F having somewhat fresh legs.

We would destroy A&M now. Our defense (and offense) has gotten better.

Johnny Football's fairy dancing (and possibly excessive partying) has caught up with him. You can only do that stuff for so long playing SEC teams before you become gimpy.

Auburn has definitely improved on both sides of the ball. With Johnny F at half speed or on the bench, A&M couldn't beat anyone else in the SEC.
For the record...I do not want to play Johnny Manziel again. He didnt lose the game, the TAMU defense did.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
Johnny Football's fairy dancing (and possibly excessive partying) has caught up with him.
While I despise everything about Johnny off the field, it is fair to say that what's caught up with him are a complete lack of defense and suspect to downright poor at times offensive line play.

He's dinged because he is their team. Without him they have a hard time even being bowl eligible.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I loathe the barn and UcheaT and do not want either of them "back" in any way, shape or form. Last season was nice not having to hear it from the lower than whale dung auburn fans, but I guess it couldn't last forever. I say this half joking, but it sure feels like aTm was paid to take a dive last Saturday. UcheaT beating South Carolina, not so much, seeing as how Spurrier is good for a choke job once a year. But, aTm had WAY more talent than the barn. That game should have been over at halftime. The barn is poorly coached and undisciplined, and yet, they won? Something just doesn't feel right.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I like it when the Iron Bowl is the center of the Universe. I was surprised while I was in Boston yesterday listening to talk radio and the guy said college football is better when that game means something. So that told me a lot of people look forward to a good Iron Bowl.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I like it when the Iron Bowl is the center of the Universe. I was surprised while I was in Boston yesterday listening to talk radio and the guy said college football is better when that game means something. So that told me a lot of people look forward to a good Iron Bowl.

A good Iron Bowl to me is Alabama 49. API 0. :)

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I suspect if we played them this weekend the results would be very, very different...
I'm fine with 'suspecting' it, I just dont want to see us play it again.

I believe that we're playing much better right now than we were...and Im also sure we wouldn't use the same game plan against them (i would hope not...), but, Johnny Manziel is just too darn unpredictable.
;)

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I loathe the barn and UcheaT and do not want either of them "back" in any way, shape or form. Last season was nice not having to hear it from the lower than whale dung auburn fans, but I guess it couldn't last forever. I say this half joking, but it sure feels like aTm was paid to take a dive last Saturday. UcheaT beating South Carolina, not so much, seeing as how Spurrier is good for a choke job once a year. But, aTm had WAY more talent than the barn. That game should have been over at halftime. The barn is poorly coached and undisciplined, and yet, they won? Something just doesn't feel right.
I do not believe this anymore.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
The barn had practically nothing called against them this past Saturday. And keep in mind, that was ON THE ROAD. I have heard of home cooking, but somehow, the barn manages to get the benefit of road cooking as well. The refs completely looked the other way in regard to that no call on the horse collar.

The barn had practically nothing called against them this past Saturday. And keep in mind, that was ON THE ROAD. I have heard of home cooking, but somehow, the barn manages to get the benefit of road cooking as well. The refs completely looked the other way in regard to that no call on the horse collar.
I remember Jarrick Williams(?) horse collar. They couldn't wait to get the flag out.

Sent from my iPhone

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Johnny Football was hurt before that game even started last Sat. Like him or not, he is a freaking player. As for auburn. I still hate them and hope they never win at anything.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.