Link: Do Y'all Like When Cade Foster Kicks Short Kick-Off's

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I notice some Bama Fans question if Cade kicks short kick-off's shy of the goal line during games are by design & other times he will kick it out of the end zone..He does angle those short kick-off's by design & allows the ST Players to make a tackle shy of the 25yrd line or get in a good hit & causes fumbles..And for the most part, those angle kicks have been really affective for us, but, every so often, teams will bust a long return on us..

This article mentions how Cade does angle the kicks on purpose & could boom them out of the EZ if the coaches allowed him to do so..I feel better I finally found an interview or article that proves he does the short angle kicks on purpose & are by design..LOL

Here's A Couple Articles That Mentions Cade's Angle Kicks..CLICK ME

Here's The Other Article..CLICK ME

"Foster has continued to place his kickoffs in good spots that allow the athletes around him to make plays well before the 25-yard line. Arkansas advanced just two kickoffs past the 25-yard line, one of which ended with Alabama forcing and recovering a fumble"..

Last edited:

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I think his kicking is 100 times better than ever, he is not falling over on kick offs & wow he has been great on FG's & PAT's..

I don't care if it's short are not it seems they have a plan & so far it's working.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
It is obvious he's kicking it high and short on purpose. We consistently keep a team five yards short of the 25, which is were the ball would be spotted on a touch back.

Those five yards, to a defensive minded coach, are big!

Just another one of the "little things" that sets CNS apart from the rest.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
My thoughts on this are a kick that doesn't allow any kind return is best. Not a nit pick of Cade, just a personal opinion regarding kick-offs in general. I'd rather not risk any kind of return, given the excellent defense we have. ST TDs can be huge momentum swings.

That being said, the short kicks do seem to work well with our coverage team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that it makes sense against the opponents that you have played so far. I would prefer to see him kick it out of the back of the end zone against a more dangerous return man.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I'd have him kick it out of the end zone every time if he can, I don't think anyone can. Tiger Woods can't drive the ball 300 yards down the middle every time.

It doesn't make sense to give the opposing team's fastest player the ball in space. I think the coaches have Cade do the angled kicks because he can't kick it out of the endzone 100% of the time. The angled kick shrinks how much field has to be defended and brings OB into play. The fact that Bama generally holds the opposition inside the 25 is testament to how good and well coached special teams are.

I could be wrong. It sure wouldn't be the first time.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
There have been various claims that he is told to kick short sometimes, but I have not seen anything that conclusively proves that. If true, that's some pretty fine control. If he does have that fine a degree of control on his kicks, I'd rather see a kick out of the endzone, everytime. Our D is excellent, so we pretty much know we'll get it back in good field position most of the time.

jmho, and I doubt the staff is concerned about what I think. They're doong pretty good on their own.

BamaJoe

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
yep as others stated..it all on purpose...why give the opponent the ball on the 25 when we can make them start on the 15...if they get to the 25 its a wash...think it also has to do with the confidence in the coverage team to make a stop

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
If 7/10 times we stop them short of the 25...I'm good with it. We have arguably the best cover squad in football. Those guys take pride in it...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
There have been various claims that he is told to kick short sometimes, but I have not seen anything that conclusively proves that. If true, that's some pretty fine control. If he does have that fine a degree of control on his kicks, I'd rather see a kick out of the endzone, everytime. Our D is excellent, so we pretty much know we'll get it back in good field position most of the time.

jmho, and I doubt the staff is concerned about what I think. They're doong pretty good on their own.
That's why I started this thread & linked the articles in this thread..It's the 1st time I've actually read an article where it mentions Cade's short angle kicks, and it proves those kicks are by design, he has to be told by the coaches, when to either boot the football out of the EZ or kick the short angle kicks, that allows the special team "Head Hunters" to make a big play

Personally I would prefer if he booted the kicks out of the EZ everytime myself, and let our D go to work at the 25yrd line & let our D win the battle of field position that way,cause a long return in a close game, can swing the momentum to the opposing teams side in a hurry..I trust our coaches cause they obviously know what they're doing..And kick returns brings excitement the game as well..

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I just want to say that Cade is having his best year yet. He is a reliable kicker and I feel confident in him..if we need a field goal to win.

He has only missed one this year and has a long of 53 yards. He has also made 34/34 extra points.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I just want to say that Cade is having his best year yet. He is a reliable kicker and I feel confident in him..if we need a field goal to win.

He has only missed one this year and has a long of 53 yards. He has also made 34/34 extra points.
No doubts about that, I agree 100% with ya, he is a solid, reliable kicker, I have complete trust & faith in him, if the games on the line & it comes down to his leg for the win..

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.