Nick Saban show question?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Basic Bama

Mar 5, 2008
Did I see it right during the highlights of the second half. That Coach Saban was excited and in the celebration during Cy Jones interception or was I just seeing things. I love to see the passion from the players but it's nice to see coach let it go that way sometimes also. I believe the team reacts well when he's happy!

BamaFanTN

3rd Team
Mar 1, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Did I see it right during the highlights of the second half. That Coach Saban was excited and in the celebration during Cy Jones interception or was I just seeing things. I love to see the passion from the players but it's nice to see coach let it go that way sometimes also. I believe the team reacts well when he's happy!
He was happy because Cyrus had played that play wrong on the previous drive giving up a first down and CNS had talked with him about it on the sideline. So when Cyrus played it right he was excited to see immediate improvement. As a coach seeing improvement by a player after coaching them up would have to be a great pleasure!

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I checked @ 10:30 for the Nick Saban Show and couldn't find it . Where did you find it and what time? When the Zone quit coming on The Nick Saban started coming on @ 10:30 but neither one last night.

UAME

All-SEC
Mar 28, 2000
Tuscumbia, AL
I saw this in the live broadcast, so I'm quite certain your eyes were not deceiving you. At the time, I was fairly certain that earlier in the game (first half, maybe?) that the cameras focused on one of Saban's sideline rants (as they have a tendency to do) and I'm pretty sure that rant was directed AT Cyrus Jones, apparently for blowing assignment or technique in pass coverage.

I think this is a HUGE indicator of why players can / do excel under Coach "Satan" (as viewed by the outside world.) Saban doesn't blow his gasket for no reason, and I'm quite certain that any time he comes down on a player, it is only in a case where the player was taught the expectations before hand. Don't follow instructions? You're going to be chastised & corrected. Do things right? We can all celebrate successes as a team.

Basic Bama

Mar 5, 2008
It's good to see I hope that's a sign things are slowly coming together. Would be nice to hit full stride at this point in the season. (Chanel 44 WJTC @ 6:00pm)

Last edited:

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Jones is learning a new position this year & being a DB at Bama is No easy task.

CNS looks like he is really liking this team & all the we better get better crowd, is seeing it come together a little more each week.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.